GO!

It's been a long time...

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

Bella

My mommy <3's- me!!!!

Barked: Sat Jun 27, '09 12:56pm PST 
In two days, it will be a year since we got our little Bella and oh what a year it has been! Back in February we got her bile acids retested to make sure the surgery was a success. The vet said it's not exactly where they should be, but has much improved since the surgery and is no longer a threat to her health. I have finally graduated college in May and have been busy so this is the first I could update. I don't regret one minute of this whole ordeal. A lot of people said a lot of mean things to me when I first came to dogster about my problem. I was looking for comfort, support, and answers and a lot of what I got were lectures and rudeness. There were a small handful of people that really helped me pull through it and get Bella what she needed and I say thank you to those people (you know who you were). I want to be here to help those who were just like me and to be an advocate for liver shunt surgery. When I was researching it, I did not find many people that had experience with this and our chances with Bella were 50/50. I want people to know that there are success stories for those who do elect to have surgery. I went through a lot of pain and financial hardship, but I have the best little doggy. I would hate to think what would have happened if I had "returned" her like so many people had suggested.

Edited by author Sat Jun 27, '09 12:59pm PST

[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sun Jun 28, '09 4:43pm PST 
glad things are better for you both
[notify]
Ruby

Beauty and- Brains

Barked: Mon Jun 29, '09 7:00am PST 
Bella,

I am so happy you are doing well - I could just do my Ruby dance!!snoopy

Tell your mom, the world would be a better place if there were more people like her.

Keep up the good work.

Ruf, dogRuby
[notify]

Ginger

Barked: Mon Jun 29, '09 10:12am PST 
I'm glad you're doing better Bella! You are so lucky to have someone to love you so much. I too was a pet store puppy but only needed double hernia surgery so I guess I was lucky.
[notify]
Zoey

Better than I- was

Barked: Wed Jul 1, '09 5:24pm PST 
Me too! Yea!
[notify]