GO!

I have a soft coated shepherd

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 9:48pm PST 
First of all I have said before I have no clue what Sabs actually is. She appears to be GSD, so thats what we call her.
She has a soft coat, and I mean bury your face in it teddy bear soft. It is a double coat it's just soft. It is also kind of wavy and fine.
Buddy is like hugging a brilo pad, and Shadow has a normal kind of rough feeling coat. Anyone know why Sabs is soft, besides to make her more huggable?
[notify]
Sally Beaker-

Professional- Bone Horder

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 7:35pm PST 
I know there are different types of coats that shepherds can have.
Sally's background is pretty much like Sabi's. We think she's a GSD because she doesn't look like she could be anything else.
But damn, her coat is so soft and fluffy. I think what she has is called a "plush coat". She seems to have a lot more of an undercoat compared to my other GSD, Koda. She seems to shed a heck of a lot more than him too.
Koda's coat is much more coarse than hers and seems to lay closer to his body. So, I think he has a "short coat".
It's so hard to tell sometimes though, everyone always claims something different when it comes to GSDs.
[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Tue Jul 3, '12 9:02am PST 
The 'stock' coat comes in two flavors: short and long. You both look like you have the [short] stock coat. There is a soft undercoat and a coarser outer coat. 'Coarser' is relative. The combination does not feel like a Brillo pad laugh out loud

Charka does NOT feel like my son's Golden... but neither do I get splinters petting her. Ruff, cheeks, chest are softest... my personal favorite is the ears... which she loves to have rubbed wink
[notify]

Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 7:01pm PST 
I was just curious. Thanks guys.

Buddy literally makes me itchy. Prolonged cuddling leaves a rash. Of course I am allergic to dogsshh.
I should probably keep them off the bed.
Sabs old vet said allergies would be more controllable if I would keep my face off the dogs. But Sabi is soooo soft.
[notify]