GO!

My New German Shepherd puppy

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 8:33am PST 
Welcome! Love puppies... but happy to have survived puppy-hood laugh out loud
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 9:33am PST 
This thread is almost a year old...but would love to hear how you are doing!
[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 7:09pm PST 
Darn, Squ'm.... popped to the top and I didn't notice the date... Must be getting old laugh out loud
[notify]

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '12 9:20pm PST 
Oh how adorable. I am planning to buy German Shepherd Puppies too and I am wondering if they are dangerous or could get jealous too because we have a 9 month old baby, you know just to be safe. I love german sheperds and I know they are very smart. I hope to visit the animal shelter and adopt one. big grin

Edited by author Mon Aug 13, '12 9:26pm PST

[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '12 8:57am PST 
Ok..I know this is a necro post..but guest, I have to reply.
PLEASE..do tons of research before you get a gsd. They are the best dogs in the world, but they are NOT for everyone. They need firm, fair, consistent leaders. They need a job to do & tons of exercise. Or they will find ways to show their displeasure. You can not be wishy-washy. They take a long time to mature, & will test you every chance they get.
With a new child, you have a lot on your plate already. You may want to wait until your baby is a bit more grown before you add the responsibility of a gsd.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '12 12:47pm PST 
Like Squ'mey said, getting a German Shepherd is not a decision to be made lightly, especially when you have a human baby. Puppies and babies are both huge time commitments. And yes, a GSD could hurt your baby, especially unintentionally when it's a big clumsy puppy.

The site you linked to is not an animal shelter, or even a GSD resuce, it's a breeder. There's nothing wrong with buying from a reputable breeder who breeds for healthy dogs with correct temperaments (which isn't to say the one you linked is necessarily reputable), but it's not the same as adopting from a shelter. If you want to get a dog right away, an temperament tested adult from a rescue might be a better option than a puppy.

Edited by author Tue Aug 14, '12 1:04pm PST

[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '12 8:39pm PST 
Please do a lot more research first. If you do decide to buy a puppy I would be looking at other breeders. The one you linked raises all kinds of alarms and their sales contract is scary.
As Onyx said there are lots of nice dogs sitting in rescues.
[notify]
Raju

On it, Boss!

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 3:57pm PST 
"Oh how adorable. I am planning to buy German Shepherd Puppies too and I am wondering if they are dangerous or could get jealous too because we have a 9 month old baby, you know just to be safe. I love german sheperds and I know they are very smart. I hope to visit the animal shelter and adopt one. big grin

Edited by author Mon Aug 13, '12 9:26pm PST"

Sorry to sorta necro-post, but based on what I just read here, NO you should NOT get a GSD.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2