GO!

Is my dog a pure German Shepard or have I been ripped off?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
bruno

Barked: Sun May 10, '09 2:29pm PST 
Guys, please take a look at my dog's pic. Is this a pure german shepard? Is it even a shepard or is it a mixed breed? If so, what is it a mix of? It doesn't look like a pure german shepard to me. It's only 5 months old right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
[notify]
Mr. Krumm

Boooskinsss!

Barked: Sun May 10, '09 5:06pm PST 
hey, your picture is a little blurry, but i'm gonna guess he's a mix. if not, he's not a very well bred german shepherd. BUT don't take that bad at all. my mom has a 17 lb "purebred" chihuahua at home! hahaha
your puppy is a cutie no matter what!!
[notify]
Nellie

Nell-Belle

Barked: Sun May 10, '09 7:21pm PST 
I own two purebred German Shepherds but I'm sorry to say, I'm pretty certain your puppy is not purebred but instead a mix. However, it doesn't matter because that gorgeous dog you have will love you and dote on you just the same! smile
[notify]

bruno

Barked: Mon May 11, '09 12:57am PST 
Thanks a lot guys. I knew it wasn't pure breed but can you guess tell me what mix it be?? At least make a guess. Thanks
[notify]
Alexander

Buster's baby- brother!

Barked: Mon May 11, '09 4:46am PST 
He's CUTE! I have to say, his face looks a pit Pit Bull'ish to me. He's just a DOLL. . . .
[notify]
bruno

Barked: Mon May 11, '09 9:01am PST 
No not a bulldog...nothing like one. It has to be a mix between a german shepard and somthing. Maybe not even a german shepard, what do you guys think? Thx 4 all yer replies guys
[notify]
Dieta

AKA Baby Face

Barked: Mon May 11, '09 9:25am PST 
Try adding another pic it is too blurry.
Even if they are registered it doesn't mean anything if you don't buy from a responsible breeder. A piece of paper is deceiving.
Just enjoy your dog for who he / she is.
[notify]
Alexander

Buster's baby- brother!

Barked: Mon May 11, '09 9:37am PST 
smile I didn't say "bull dog", I said "pit bull." That's what his face resembles to me. But, as everyone has said, your picture is pretty blurry, so it's hard to tell.
[notify]
Beau

It's great to be- in America!

Barked: Mon May 11, '09 3:03pm PST 
There's a lot of variation, even among 'purebreds'. She may be purebred, but not well bred. It can be hard to tell if a dog looks 'close' to being a purebred if he/she is.

Beau may, or may not, be a purebred. Looking at him, you would say he is. But we don't know for sure. We wouldn't trade him for anything tho, even if he's not 'pure'.
[notify]
bruno

Barked: Tue May 12, '09 3:44pm PST 
Thank you all for replying and helping out. I know its not a pure breed and I dont care I love my dog. I jusy want to know what mix it could possibly be. Any ideas? BTW i added a new pic of him...much more clearer. Thank you all....and yes Pit bull u said my bad! Thx!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7