GO!

Frenchies and Heat

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '13 2:21pm PST 
Hello,

I am thinking about getting a frenchie and have been reading about their susceptibility to heat stroke. The house I currently live in doesn't have air conditioning and I am wondering if any frenchie owners have this same problem and what they do to help keep their frenchie cool inside during the summer months.

Any of your insights are appreciated!

Thanks,
Felicia
[notify]
Mr. Chester

Mr Chester is- pure love

Barked: Wed Apr 3, '13 6:44pm PST 
Hi Felicia, My frenchy Mr. Chester, and I, live in Panama, Central America.
As you know this is a real hot and humid country, we are in the tropics.
Panama is hot 365 days of the year Ha ha ha.
The best solution was his cool collar, we bought it at Amazon.com, it comes with two replacement, and you can buy more (kool tubes) you just put them in your freezer and every time you work or walk your dog you just put it on the cool collar and then on your frenchy. Works fantastic.
Also we bought cool mat, and a cool vest from ruff wear.
Do not miss the opportunity to enjoy a Frenchi for this reason, there are many solutions. also I recommend #always# to carry water with you. There are many kind of bottles, I love a water canteen called Hydro-go.
[notify]