GO!

Doubting breed?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 9:08am PST 
Hello, I am new here. We got our French Bulldog last week. When I took her to the vet he asked if there were any Bostons on site. I told him no but he kind of gave me a look. Then he pulled a phamplet with a Frenchie on it and kind of looked at it then at my puppy. So now I'm wondering if she has something else mixed in. Her muzzle is a bit longer and her legs do seem somewhat long but she's only 12 weeks. I have scoured the internet for photos and she does look like some images I've seen of Frenchies. I guess my question is, has anyone else ever had their FB mistaken for another breed? We love her regardless but we paid for a certain breed..shrug
[notify]

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 8:29am PST 
People sometimes ask me- " is that a Pug?" LOL Our little Frenchie is only 19 pounds and very short and Cobby. She is 3 years old. My cousin has a FrenchieBow and it is tall and thinner than a Frenchie and is black and white. They bought him because he was $1000 where as a Frenchie is around $2500 to $3000 ( or higher) I'm sure your little girl is adorable. I have seen some tall/ skinny Frenchies that weren't mixed. You can have a dna test done. Think it's about $60. That may put your mind at ease.
[notify]
Mary Jane- Chronic

Jack's Blessing

Barked: Thu Mar 21, '13 1:54am PST 
Do you have a photo of the pup in question? We're sometimes asked if Mary Jane is a Boston Terrier but only when she's with our similarly close in age/size Boston Terrier Tanqueray. Guess people assume they must be the same breed laugh out loud
[notify]