GO!

Good canned dog food that looks "real"

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Tue Dec 3, '13 10:56pm PST 
Call me weird/snobby/silly/whatever, but I like to feed my dogs canned food that looks 'real' as a treat and I'm thinking of adding it more regularly into their diets.

Can you please tell me what good quality canned foods look 'real'? And by real looking I mean things like Merrick or beneful (I don't, nor will I feed beneful wet but it does look 'good'). So that's what I mean.

I've tried google searching individual brands for pictures but I don't really find anything all that accurate. Thanks!

Even better if they aren't all that expensive.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 8:48am PST 
Certainly not cheap, but Lotus uses actual beef shanks in their canned food. It looks a little paste-y right out of the can, but you don't get more real than a whole hunk of beef shank!

I think Evangers and Weruva look pretty good.
[notify]
Scruffy

In Loving Memory

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 10:40am PST 
Natural Balance and Rachael Ray have wet food trays that are similar to the Beneful wet food trays but will give you more bang for your buck. The Rachael Ray ones are called Naturally Delish and the Natural Balance ones are called Delectable Delights.
[notify]

Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 10:53am PST 
I must admit, I get a tiny bit disappointed when I open a can and it's the pate' laugh out loud I really like the Earthborn wet food. It's grain free and comes in a good variety of protiens. They only have it in those tiny little plastic containers though like what Beneful comes in.

Edited by author Wed Dec 4, '13 10:56am PST

[notify]
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 11:44am PST 
I ordered evangers and it just looks like the 'meatloaf' form??? You know, the standard big block that looks like... well, I'm not sure what to call its appearance. I got the green can. Is the other type they offer the one that looks 'real'?

I was super sad, lol.

Edited by author Wed Dec 4, '13 11:44am PST

[notify]
Tessie

Which way did- they go?

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 12:11pm PST 
Try Weruva, the Human Style. Awesome food, I feed it to both of my dogs and Tessie, aka Miss Picky, loves it!
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 2:11pm PST 
Hmm, I was thinking of the ones that have the whole cuts of chicken thigh/etc in them, like the Merrick Wingaling thinking Maybe they don't make them anymore?
[notify]
Benny

Where did I bury- that bone- again...

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 2:41pm PST 
The Natural Choice flex trays are pieces in sauce, I know my friend feeds them to her Jack because thats all she'll eat thinking Not the most cost effective thing but the food itself is definitely a hit. I think thats what you mean by looking "real" way to go
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Wed Dec 4, '13 8:23pm PST 
I'm not sure what you mean by looking real, but 4 Health, tractor supply brand canned food have chunks, broth, and some carrots something like stew. (pretty decent ingredients and a good price)
[notify]
Tessie

Which way did- they go?

Barked: Thu Dec 5, '13 6:01am PST 
Evangers has different kinds, the Signature Series has stews with meat chunks and veggies, the Grain Free Hand Packed has more whole meats.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2