GO!

What Is Your Dog's Favorite Treat(s)?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 6:05pm PST 
Hi Doggie Friends,

I'm curious...what dog treat(s) do your dog go crazy over? What treat(s) do you use for dog training?

I researched Honest Kitchen's brand and read the testimonials. Very impressed with what I found from them.

So what do you use?

smile
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 6:20pm PST 
Callie will do cartwheels for Stop and Shop peanut butter dog ice cream, actually peanut butter anything, even just a bit on a spoon. Sophie honestly doesn't have a favorite treat except maybe salmon kitty yummies.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 6:26pm PST 
String cheese, costs $3.20 a pound and use one ounce a day for a cost of $.20 a day.
Eggs, scrambled and cooked into a thin dry omelet. Free at the moment but usually $.08 a day for an egg.
Beef heart cooked and diced very small, lucky buy of $1 a pound so a daily ounce costs $.07.
Leftover dried out roast, free.

This is for two dogs getting lots of tiny treats a day and several short training sessions. I would use kibble for treats as well but the dogs eat raw which is too messy to use as treats. Figure getting raw is a big enough deal I don't need to buy dried chews or anything like that.
[notify]

Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sun Nov 10, '13 10:14am PST 
Bunny will eat anything and think its a treateek
[notify]
Benny

Where did I bury- that bone- again...

Barked: Sun Nov 10, '13 4:42pm PST 
@Bunny- we can totally relate!

Benny is very easy to please but he loves his raw rib bones and his Greenies. He will actually toss his Greenie around in excitement when he gets them.

He also really likes the big Ultra cookies and zukes soft training chews. He's pretty much tried the entire line of zukes when he was house training. He also really likes the wellness bites but they are big and kind of a pain to use in training.

He also like carrots and peppers and cheese of course happy dance
[notify]
Benny

Where did I bury- that bone- again...

Barked: Sun Nov 10, '13 4:43pm PST 
@Bunny- we can totally relate!

Benny is very easy to please but he loves his raw rib bones and his Greenies. He will actually toss his Greenie around in excitement when he gets them.

He also really likes the big Ultra cookies and zukes soft training chews. He's pretty much tried the entire line of zukes when he was house training. He also really likes the wellness bites but they are big and kind of a pain to use in training.

He also like carrots and peppers and cheese of course happy dance
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Mon Nov 11, '13 10:12am PST 
What's weird is probably even more so than any food is empty plastic bottles. I think with Callie if he had a choice of spoon with peanut butter, rib bone or new empty seltzer bottle, he'd scurry off with the seltzer bottle. Now if they made a peanut butter flavored plastic...
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Mon Nov 11, '13 3:47pm PST 
Noah is not a picky dog but he does LOVE the Honest Kitchen treats. He loves the Pecks and seems to like them more than soft treats.
[notify]
Tessie

Which way did- they go?

Barked: Mon Nov 11, '13 4:42pm PST 
Tessie is a picky dog but her favorite treat is The Honest Kitchen Beams.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Wed Nov 13, '13 4:04pm PST 
spambot bump
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4