GO!

Blueberries

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Benny

Where did I bury- that bone- again...

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 8:43pm PST 
Blueberries are fine for dogs, I feed all of mine to my dog because I dont like them shh He's my undercover disposal artist haha.

Its possible that things in large quantities might make something wonky happen in the digestive system so it might make for a funky poo or two. Otherwise theres no need to panic. Blueberries are a healthy treat fresh and they are also commonly found in lots of dog foods and treats.
[notify]
Benny

Where did I bury- that bone- again...

Barked: Fri Oct 11, '13 8:43pm PST 
Blueberries are fine for dogs, I feed all of mine to my dog because I dont like them shh He's my undercover disposal artist haha.

Its possible that things in large quantities might make something wonky happen in the digestive system so it might make for a funky poo or two. Otherwise theres no need to panic. Blueberries are a healthy treat fresh and they are also commonly found in lots of dog foods and treats.
[notify]
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Sat Oct 12, '13 8:31am PST 
Since I have discovered that blueberries are ok in small amounts I have started using them as training treats big grin with excellent results! My Athena is your typical stubborn Rot and I have been able to get her to stay (we had every other command down but Stay was just not happening) using blueberries! Who knew?? So I guess I will just keep them in the treat category because all three dogs love them!
[notify]

Dandelion

helloooo....! - i\'m TALKING to- you!!!!!

Barked: Sun Oct 13, '13 3:51pm PST 
not only are blueberries fine but they're a favourite with many dogs.

dandy loves blueberries and blackberries - but only blackberries off the bush (he won't touch the ones from the store). when we head out picking, we let him off the leash and then it's a mad scramble after him to get to the bush before he's eaten them all!
[notify]
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Mon Oct 14, '13 7:58am PST 
I am just glad that I have a Costco membership since it seems that blueberries are now a favorite laugh out loud
[notify]
Fox

Barked: Tue Oct 15, '13 7:09am PST 
My dogs love blueberries! They're a great source of antioxidants, and while it's debatable how many of those dogs can utilize, adding blueberries to pet foods and treats has become quite a trend.

As with any fruit, if you feed too much, you can cause stomach upset. Nothing toxic, though.

My guys also enjoy raspberries, strawberries, (pitted!) cherries, (cored) apples, peaches, clementines, and Fox enjoys cranberries for reasons I do not understand.

Regarding grapes - It is not known what causes them to be toxic. Seeds are not relevant, although if enough grape seeds are eaten that can cause it's own problems. There is a theory that grapes from some regions have a certain type of mold that is toxic to dogs, although no word on what type of mold that is. We know it is not an allergy!
[notify]
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Thu Oct 17, '13 8:36am PST 
Fox I was thinking of giving apples a try with the dogs maybe mix them into their kibble and see what they think. I know that I give them steamed green beans with their kibble they love them! I never thought to mix in fruit or use it as a treat until they busted into a container of blueberries. We haven't tried cranberries yet but I make a cranberry jelly so we will see what they think of those. big grinbig grin
[notify]
Marley

Barked: Fri Oct 18, '13 2:44pm PST 
Your dogs should be fine. Marley LOVES blueberries and gets them as an occasional treat. There may be some changes on the other end - if you know what I mean - but they should be just fine.

Hmmmm, now I want some blueberries, haha.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2