GO!

Blueberries

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 6:39am PST 
Hello all,

Well the pack got into a pretty large box of blueberries and ate about half of them between the 3 of them. I had gone to Costco and was still unloading the car and hadn't put all the food away and they took full advantage. Are blueberries ok for dogs or is there anything I should be on the lookout for? They ate them last night and I haven't seen anything weird except now they are begging for blueberries when they see them laugh out loud Thanks for your help.
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 2:24pm PST 
Nope, they should be fine. smile
[notify]
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 2:44pm PST 
Thank you Hazel! They seem fine. I was just a bit worried laugh out loud
[notify]

Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 2:49pm PST 
I feed my dogs blueberries whenever I eat them and they love them to. Just watch out for grapes/raisins because they are poisonous to dogs.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 4:31pm PST 
Hazel... grapes and raisins are not poisonous to many many dogs

I have always with all the dogs I have had all my life.... allowed them the occasional few of both.... LONG before it was all suddenly "poison".

I have never EVER had a problem.

So.. whilst some may not wish to feed them at any time... they do not affect millions of dogs.

Same goes for Garlic.

Like anything.. its be "sensible.."

Edited by author Wed Oct 9, '13 4:32pm PST

[notify]
Hudson

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 7:22pm PST 
In my experience, blueberries have been fine, and make for fun surprises on the other end (Purple? Really?)

Grapes - I believe it's the seeds themselves that are poisonous, and only if they're chomped open. Don't quote me, but I think seedless grapes are fine

(The same is true for apples - the flesh is fine, but broken seeds are not)
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Wed Oct 9, '13 7:46pm PST 
Hudson...

It would require pounds all consumed at once (and I do mean ALOT !!) of the seeds to do bad stuff.

Thats the "being sensible " bit... hope that makes sense !

Just like many things .. SOME animals... SOME humans... with react badly... take peanut allergy for instance.. but multi MULTI millions are fine

It isnt to say it cant happen... it is to say the word "poison" is wayyyyyyyyyy too blanket

hug
[notify]
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 8:21am PST 
Your dogs should be fine. Blueberries are totally safe for dogs to eat.

I give my dog blueberries all of the time and she has not gotten sick.
[notify]
Penny Lane

I always get my- way!

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 10:57am PST 
Delta, yeah they were fine! I wasn't sure since I know that there are certain fruits that you shouldn't give dogs and I wasn't sure if blueberries were on that list. They now beg for them anytime they see me or my son eating them!
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 1:54pm PST 
I sure hope they are fine, since they are in my dog's food wink

http://www.holisticblend.com/en/food-formulas/dog-formulas/gra in-free/
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2