GO!

Puppy on Nutro but thinking of switching...

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
Zeea

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 12:26pm PST 
Zeea's protein is chicken at the moment, which is the same protein of the food the rescue had her on. I live in Canada so some of the foods mentioned are not known to me.

Thanks to everyone for their advice.puppy
[notify]
(Indie) CH- Herdabout- Tri N 4 I

HURRY UP!

Barked: Wed Aug 7, '13 8:39am PST 
I was reading for Indie's diets while searching...and found that chicken and possibly even duck to stay away from...
I had him on the Natural Planet duck and whitefish, but he has been very itchy and I am going to try the rabbit and salmon next
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Wed Aug 7, '13 10:05am PST 
Zeea, if you live in Canada, then you should have access to Horizon foods. They are made in Canada by a small Canadian company in their own facility using quality locally sourced ingredients. They make Legacy, Amicus, and Pulsar.
[notify]

Zeea

Barked: Wed Aug 7, '13 3:48pm PST 
Update: First off I want to thank everyone for their help.

I have been feeding Zeea Nutro still but have mixed in some Authority and today she didn't have loose stools. puppy The weren't perfectly solid but a lot better also they were smaller.

Hopefully the improvement continues otherwise I 'll have to look into something else.

THANKS again to EVERYONE!
[notify]
Benny

Where did I bury- that bone- again...

Barked: Sun Aug 11, '13 6:59pm PST 
Glad you found something that seems to be working!

Curious, is the authority a different protein than the Nutro?
[notify]
Zeea

Barked: Tue Aug 13, '13 12:30pm PST 
Hey Benny,

No the Nutro and Authority are both chicken.
[notify]
Zeea

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 11:56am PST 
Hey everyone I know this topic has been 'dead' for awhile but I just wanted to update.

Zeea's stools still were not great and she had probiotics mixed in with her breakfast, stools were better...still not great.

Finally I decided to take Zeea off the Nutro and just give her the Authority (since her stools got better with it)and her stools are MUCH better. I think I am just going to forget the Nutro.

I still plan on watching her for the rest of the week to see if the stools stay better as it has only been two days. I really hope I solved the problem though. puppy

Question: I had planned on comparing ingredients between the 2 foods and see if there was something that stood out as different. IS this a good idea or would it just be the mix of the contents and %s that would be the cause?

Thanks.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 4:43am PST 
Well it could just be something in the Nutro that isn't sitting right with her. Two of my dogs did really well on Taste of the Wild, but another of my dogs had softer poops and pooped more on it.

I would just stick with the authority if that's what is working for her. You don't have to mix it. I'm glad you found something that works way to go
[notify]
Tessa

You may- approach.

Barked: Sat Sep 14, '13 5:58pm PST 
Zeea, comparing ingredients is an excellent way to learn and judge dog foods.

www.dogfoodadvisor.com is a useful place for info on comparing foods and learning about harmful ingredients.
Hard to believe that companies can legally use harmful food ingredients!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2