GO!

Rawhides, antlers, pizzle, nylabones - HELP!!

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Bartholomew

Cutie Pie

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 3:57pm PST 
All of my dogs get rawhide for dental health and as boredom busters. Sometimes the pups don't take to rawhide right away. So, I've found to smear peanut butter on the rawhide. The pup always takes it then! I keep putting peanut butter on the rawhide until the pup takes the rawhide without the peanut butter - works every time!
[notify]
Benny

Where did I bury- that bone- again...

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 9:04am PST 
My dog things the himalayan chews are the business but they only last him a few hours. He likes antlers but he's only interested in them until he he's chewed all the marrow he can get at...

He had a bully stick and it lasted a while but that was when he was quite small, 3 months? So it might not have the same staying power these days now that hes 5 months wink

He also gets ox tails on occasion which he loves. I did give him soup bones when he was younger but someone did point out that the soup bones are often the load bearing bones of the animal and thus are very strong and you run the risk of teeth breaking on dogs with stronger chewing capacity.
[notify]
Bartholomew

Cutie Pie

Barked: Sat Jul 6, '13 10:23am PST 
Oh, my dogs just love those Himalayan Dog Chews! happy dance
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2