GO!

Gardens and browsing dogs

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 9:03pm PST 
So, is anyone having trouble with the dogs grazing the garden yet? I was out on the patio with my containers and discovered that Taggert has a taste for parsley. I pinched off a bit for them to chew on, and a few minutes later, Taggert was poking at me and growling at me for another piece. I also discovered my romaine is not safe either.

Meanwhile, my dad has had to hide his tomatoes behind chickenwire to keep his schnauzers out. Anyone else have rabbits--i mean dogs?
[notify]
Benny

Where did I bury- that bone- again...

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 9:27pm PST 
My little dude showed up with a strawberry that he found. He also likes to bite the heads off flowers and anything else that he would like a taste of like kale....shrug
[notify]
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Fri Jun 14, '13 12:02pm PST 
Back when I had time to garden, Sabi used to sit and bark for carrots. If she could reach them without stepping into the garden (a no-no)she would steal the beans and peas. She also liked the parsley and mint. Lex, my black GSD, would graze off the parsley and also the chivesshrug Bud likes Chamomile flowerslaugh out loud
And I don't need a weed trimmer because all of them are fond of the long grass around the edges of the yard.
[notify]

Cookie

100% Doofhound

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 7:10pm PST 
I don't have a garden, but Cookie has been known to wander by the guinea pig cage and eat some of the hay that has fallen onto the floor. It doesn't make her sick, either. I guess she wants more fiber in her diet, lol.

Growing up we had a dog that would pop chestnuts out of the chestnut burrs and eat the nut. She would also crack open black walnuts with her teeth and eat the walnut. She never did get in the garden, although she would chew up corn cobs when we threw them away.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 9:14pm PST 
Raymond, a Jack Russell Terrier, liked to jump as high as he could to get the highest orange he could off the tree then ate all the innards. He liked eating the fallen apples too which produced particularly awesome poops after.
[notify]
Sausage

feed me

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 4:48pm PST 
Sausage eats only the daintiest of rose petals.
[notify]
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 7:36pm PST 
Today I put blood and bone meal down on the plants because they were looking a little nitrogen starved and they're staring to flower, and I had to kick Taggert off the porch and back into the flat because he was following behind me licking the meal off of the dirt.

That got me to thinking, maybe i should take that half bag of grain inclusive dog Castor and pollux organix and grind it up for plant food
[notify]