GO!

4Health Dog Food Grain-free

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Firefly

Life is better- with Sheltie- love.

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 6:10am PST 
Hello again Dogster! smile
Some of you may remember me from a few years ago, but I am now back with my dog Firefly to get back into the world of Dogster and pursue dog nutrition again! I am little rusty on my knowledge,so here's my question:

Has anyone tried the Tractor Supply Co. brand 4Health? I have been feeding it to Firefly for over six months now because the price was unbeatable ($5.99 for a 5 lbs. bag) and I tried to be thorough with the ingredients list. I've searched and searched, but I think the ingredients are decent. I was also very excited when 4Health came out with a grain-free version of their food and immediately put Firefly on it.

Any input? I think it is a good food and was just wondering who has all tried it!
[notify]
Capone

Noms for the- pug...

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 7:31am PST 
I started Capone on 4Health just about 2 months ago and I've been really pleased with it. I compared all the foods that I could find locally in my price range on dogfoodadvisor.com and 4Health was the best that I could afford at 4 stars so I decided to try it. So far I'm not regretting that decision at all.

Capone has problems with ear infections and allergies. Since putting him on 4Health his ears have cleared up tremendously. His allergies appeared to get better at first but the past few weeks they've been pretty bad. But some, if not all, of that is seasonal. I've got him on the regular salmon and potato formula right now but I plan on switching varieties until I find one that works best for him. I might go with the grain free fish option next. I haven't decided. But I like that they have plenty of variety to choose from.
[notify]
Firefly

Life is better- with Sheltie- love.

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 12:41pm PST 
The grain free is an awesome option. Firefly has grain allergies, so I was really thrilled when they came out with a cheap grain free, I use the beef formula. It has really improved her skin. Glad I'm not the only one excited about it big grin
[notify]