GO!

Large Breed puppy food

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 11:52am PST 
After reading a previous post regarding large breed puppy food, I realized I might be feeding my 4mo pup the wrong kind of food. When we initally rescued Roxy, we were told she was a pit-bull. Figuring she would be in the 40 lb range, I started her on Wellness Core for puppies. Well, she is now 17 weeks and at a whopping 50lbs. Not sure what breed she actually is - but she's gonna be big. So that being said, any reccomendations for large breed puppy food?
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 5:06pm PST 
The calcium/phosphorus in the CORE puppy food is 1.5%/1%, which is more or less the perfect ratio for a growing large breed and the thing that is most crucial to them in regards to their food.

If your puppy is doing good on this food, I would leave them on it.
[notify]
Roxy

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 5:47am PST 
Thanks Mulder! That makes me feel better. I've always owned adult dogs - this is my first puppy, so I was a little unsure about nutrition.
[notify]