GO!

First of the runs D:

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Terry

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 6:56pm PST 
its the first time that my pup has had diarrhea.

Normally it was very soft but this thing was like a puddle with lumps and he also made a mess on his bed towel. ewwwww.

I introduced him to turkey about a week ago*almost two next sunday* i started slow,his stools where soft and between monday I started giving only turkey,soft and then they became hard and,well,normal. Today i gave pieces that had mostly bones and skin with meat because it was what i had left of turkey.

It is usually with no skin, cause i take it off. Was it the skin that made him have the runs?. For dinner i just gave one chicken neck.

he is doing fine,his normal playful self.
[notify]
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Thu Apr 25, '13 9:51pm PST 
Hey Terry.

if you gave him too much skin the fat could be making his stool soft. WHen i would give jake chicken skin he's have the runs unless he was eating skins with chicken backs. Very gross stuff indeed.

If he doesn't seem sick it's probably just the skin.
[notify]
Hazel

Spoiled Little- Girl

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 6:25pm PST 
puppies with sensitive stomaches will get the runs when introduced to new foods. I would suggest feeding him simple things for now in small amounts. Like just the meat, no fat or skin. If the runs persist I would say take him to the vet, he might have a worm. My current puppy has only had the runs when my friend gave her some really crappy quality dog food. No problems with any people food or her own dog food though.
[notify]

Terry

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 8:44pm PST 
It was only one time.and i had be feeding him turkey now for a week and a half with no skin. chicken skin never gave troubles.

but today his stool was normal.he never has the softies for more than a day or a half and its always energetic. usually the issue is that i made some mistake and fed too much of this,or that.

I keep a record on what both eat so i know when i got it wrong.
[notify]