GO!

Feeding Q's

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Buddy

Throw the ball,- already!

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 7:12pm PST 
1) My dog Buddy is now a year old. I've been feeding him three times a day, but now I want to cut out the lunch and just feed twice a day. Is that okay?

2)How much should I feed at each of the meals, if I only did two meals a day? He's probably around 30/40 pounds, though I don't currently know his exact weight.

3)After he eats, before he poops, he always looks kinda.. Bloated. His belly is sorta round. Is this normal? Would it stop if I switched him to a higher quality food?

4)I've been wanting to switch him to a higher quality food, anyways. I've seen a lot of people say Taste of the Wild is a good food. Does anyone know where I could get some, and whether it's grain free?
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 6:16am PST 
At age 1,it is perfectly okay to switch to feeding twice a day.

Taste of the wild is available at Tractor Supply in my area,you can go to the website and they may tell you if there are other retailers that carry it.

Yes,it is grain-free. I was feeding Blue Wilderness to my pups but due to a recent cut in our budget,I had to look for something that was similar but a bit less costly. Our Mika is sensitive to grains and gets goopy eyes so grain-free was a must.In my area,TOTW is $10 less for 6 pounds more food. The biggest difference is TOTW has less protein than B/W but we have had no issues with the switch.

Hope this was helpful.wishes
[notify]