GO!

Taste of The wild and Blue Buffalo

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Terry

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 4:14pm PST 
hello!. I am currently feeding Raw(only a month and a half into it) and want to add grain free kibble since i found one today!.

I found Taste Of The wild,and prior to that,i ordered some Blue buffalo Life Protection for times when i can't feed my dogs raw(out of meat,traveling,etc).

So,i want to feed TOW and BB is for when i travel.

So you think they will do good with that? i know closed bags can be stored for a year and kibble stays "fresh"for 6 weeks.

I am also aware of the recalls on TOW but people still feed it and they're dogs are doing great,at least they don't hide the problems like less expensive brands do.

What do you say about this two brands? and feeding grain-free one and then the other with grains on occasions,will this be ok?.
[notify]
Ginger

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 9:38am PST 
We rotate foods, some grain free and some with some grains. We don't have any problems do that. My dogs never really did well on ANY food made by Diamond though. It always gave them horrific gas! I stay away from ALL foods made by Diamond. A lot of dogs do well on TOTW though. Good luck with whatever you choose.
[notify]
Cookie

100% Doofhound

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 1:50pm PST 
Our 4 dogs have only gone through 1 bag of TOTW so far, and are working on their second bag. Two of these dogs have sensitive stomachs, one is incredibly picky, and one has flaky skin and will eat anything that is not nailed down. All four dogs seem to like the taste of the wetlands formula, it does not seem to make the two sensitive dogs ill, and it does seem to help manage the flaky skin of the fourth. So far so good! For me it's a case of cost effectiveness. My husband hates shelling out the money for higher-quality kibbles because he doesn't see the point.
He fails to notice that his 13-year-old dog is feeling more energetic and spry since I switched her to higher-quality food.
[notify]

Terry

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 8:34am PST 
Yeah,same here. i changed to raw but the one who is noticing the changes more is me because i pay more attention to them.

Can you mix low grain and grain free kibble with eggs,cottage cheese,yogurt and others?
[notify]