GO!

Dehydration for Dummies?!

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 12:18pm PST 
So i cheated a bit but it got the colors to stay in my fruit this time big grin

I cut all my citrus fruits first on the cutting board then put them in a bowl. Then cut the apples, bannanas, plantanes and grapes and thrown it all together in the same bowl and then mix it around and then place in dehydrator. My apples, bannanas and plantates all look great ;D and i also got to dehydrate oranges, pinapple and grapes.

Good stuff big grin

** Also does anyone know how long it would take to dehydrate beef tendon? And or where i may be able to get some of that?
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 3:11pm PST 
I dehydrated ostrich tendon and mixed tendons. Took forever in the actual dehydrator and overnight in the oven set to 150* with the door propped open a couple inches. The dehydrator couldn't fit them straight either. I wondered if the dogs would take longer to eat them dried than raw but even though I had maybe 40-50 to time I never did.

Got them from Creston Valley Meats. He usually has mixed tendons but the ostrich ones aren't always on the website.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2