GO!

Dehydrated Raw Brands/ Grain free dog foods?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Fri Mar 15, '13 12:58pm PST 
Can I get a list of dehydrated or kibble that is grain free?

I can't seem to find a complete list anywhere and I'm looking for an option to feed my senior basset hound.

The only requirements is it be grain free.

I would prefer a raw based kibble if possible though. Since Jake is on Prey Model Raw.

Thanks
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Fri Mar 15, '13 3:18pm PST 
Most dehydrated/freeze dried raw foods are going to cost more than just feeding raw, but a few brands I can think of off the top of my head with such foods would be The Honest Kitchen, Addiction, ZiwiPeak, Nature’s Variety, NRG Pet Products, Stella and Chewy's, Wysong Archetype, and Primal.

As far as grain free foods, there are quite a few. Dog Food Adviser has a list of good ones: Best Dry Grain Free Dog Foods
[notify]
Jake & Sweet- Caroline

Tricolored- Hounds for life!

Barked: Fri Mar 15, '13 3:24pm PST 
Hey Onyx.

It's true. I'm paying through the nose at the moment to buy Caroline's food. Since she's on dehydrated raw until i get her weight up since she's severely underweight. She scored a 1.5 out of 5 at her vet visit. She weights a little over 30lbs and is a basset. I fear she would have wasted away at the shelter had i left her there. I figured i'd feed her raw dehydrated until i got her weight up since doing homecooked is so much work when you have no kitchen. (i live out of a crockpot). Hopefully in a few weeks or a month i'll be able to feed her raw too. Since she does show a sincere interest in what Jake is eating.

The only reason i'm feeding dehydrated raw is becuase i don't really want to keep grinding up kibble in my food processor. It's kinda gross.

*thanks
[notify]

Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Fri Mar 15, '13 6:01pm PST 
go get sojos complete. I feed that it comes in at about $20 for a 2 lb bag but it makes about 10lb worth of food once rehydrated. it does come in bigger sizes They have turkey and beef flavors which are complete foods in addition to their regular line, which is a supplement to a raw or cooked diet. They have a regular and a grain free version of the suppliment food, which you can mix with ground meat. Otherwise sojos complete has everything included and you just have to add water
Ingredients:
sweet potato, turkey, whole egg, broccoli, celery, apples, flax meal, pecans, tricalcium phosphate, pumpkin, cranberries, basil, dried alfalfa, ginger root, dried kelp, zinc sulfate, vitamin E acetate, vitamin D3, vitamin A palmitate

Edited by author Fri Mar 15, '13 6:07pm PST

[notify]
Kloppers

Barked: Sat Mar 16, '13 4:53am PST 
There is also grandma lucys pureformance, they have rabbit, goat, chicken, and lamb. I actually think their Artisan line is grain free too, but I haven't researched it as much because I know I can not feed that one due to the potatoes.

Edited by author Sat Mar 16, '13 4:55am PST

[notify]
Obi

Sassy Britches!

Barked: Sun Mar 17, '13 10:08am PST 
I saw that Orijen has a new kind called Whole Prey. I am thinking of stocking up for times it isn't convenient to feed raw like vacations.

Check out the new Tundra flavor!

ingredients: Venison (ground with bone)*, duck (ground with bone) *, Steelhead trout*, bison (ground with bone) *, elk (ground with bone) *, quail (ground with bone) *, duck liver*, duck heart*, spinach, pea fiber, bison tripe*, elk liver*, elk heart*, elk kidney*, ground sunflower seeds, Red Delicious apples*, Bartlett pears*, Red Heart plums*, Tilton apricots*, whole pumpkin*, Butternut squash*, Imperator carrots*, kelp*, mixed tocopherols, cranberries*, blueberries*, blackberries*, chicory root*, dandelion root*, summer savory, peppermint leaf*, ginger root*, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, manganese proteinate.
* delivered fresh or raw
[notify]
Tyson

Where's the- ball!?

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 7:59pm PST 
I feed Tyson Great Life Bison, it's grain and gluten free. He was on Stella and Chewys for a while and he loved that too. Tyson is severely allergic to lots of things so I know these two foods are soft on his stomach. Hope you find a good food!!
[notify]