GO!

The Skinny on Milk please

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 4:04pm PST 
hello!

So mom has been giving me milk every day when she has her glass in the morning and another in the evening. I love this stuff. Now ice cream would be better but I won't beg too hard as long as i get some of the good stuff.

So the other day Mom was giving me some milk and her friend said milk was bad for dogs.

This made me sad since now mom doesn't want to give me any more no matter how hard i stare at her at breakfast time.

I've never had runny poops or gas from milk either.

It was a yummy milk called Horizon's and it comes with Omega 3s in it.

Can anyone give me some info about milk so i can persuade mom with some facts and not just beagle eyes that Milk is good for me?

Thanks,

Mr. B. blue dog
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 4:09pm PST 
Generally dogs don't tolerate lactose very well, but some dogs do benefit from raw goat's milk (I am not well versed in what those benefits are but I'm sure someone else has experience). I am not sure how much benefit they would be getting from cow's milk. Some dogs would get stomach upset from that much milk, but it sounds like Jake doesn't have a problem. However, Horizons is an expensive organic brand, so not sure I would really bother because there's probably not a great deal of benefit in exchange for the expense.
[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 5:11pm PST 
Thanks for the info.

Mr. B and I share the milk doesn't really matter the brand. I've just taken to drinking Horizon's milk as a change since at the moment i don't have a grinder to grind up my own flaxseed. Usually that's what i do and i give jake some of that with regular cow milk.

i was surprised of all the things jake can't have flaxseed and dairy milk weren't amongst them big grin

Thanks for the info.

* i don't drink goats milk becasue around here it's like $4. for a quart while i can get half a gallon of organic horizon milk for about the same price. big grin
[notify]