GO!

Larry the Cable Guy treats

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Tango

Run Fast - Bark Loud

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 10:01am PST 
Someone recently gave me a bag of the Larry the Cable guy treats, and someone said that they were supposed to be pretty decent. However, as I was reading the ingredients and other information on the packaging, I couldn't find anything that specifically says Made in the USA. It does say that they are made at Tuffy's Pet food plant which is in the US, but I couldn't find any information online about these treats and where they are made and where the ingredients come from. Does anyone know that information or have a link to that information? Thanks.
[notify]
Bellatrix

Crazy Ball'O Fur

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 1:14pm PST 
I've looked and can't find anything anywhere which would make me more than a little suspicious. You'd think if they were really good ingredient they wouldn't try to hide them. thinking
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 1:12pm PST 
The only thing my research turned up is the ingredients listed on the internet are identical to the Nutri Source treats which are made at Tuffy's. Probably the same treats in the Larry "brand" packaging.
The Nutri Source treats say "Made in USA" on the packaging, odd that the others have no country of origin.
[notify]

Athena

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 1:17pm PST 
They are only sold at Family Dollar and other "dollar"stores, if that gives you an idea.
I personally rarely give my doggy treats, she'll work just as hard for a piece of her usual kibble.
[notify]
Madison- Ainsley

I- ammmmm....Hoooow- ie Girl!

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 8:10pm PST 
If it does not state sourced and made in the USA then I would doubt if the ingredients are from the US, but sourced somewhere else such as China and then sent to the US to be made up.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 6, '13 9:50am PST 
this is what I found..

The Larry the Cable Guy Good Ole Boy treats are formulated to provide a treat that is both as nutritious as it is tasty. The Chicken treats offer chicken as the first ingredient. They are fortified with Vitamins C and E to help support your dog's daily health. The Salmon treats are made with fresh salmon, which is a unique and flavorful protein source. Zinc is added to support supple skin and a shiny coat. Since they are made in the USA, you can feel good about feeding them to your best friend.
[notify]