GO!

Switched to Taste Of The Wild :)

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Rosey Belle- Stewart

Mommy, let\'s- Snuggle!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 5:27pm PST 
So, I have officially switched Rosey and Sweetpea to Taste Of The Wild Wetlands Canine Formula With Roasted Fowl. They really love it! I'm looking forward to seeing what kind if changes I'm going to see in them. They were eating Iams Simple And Natural Chicken and Rice Flavor. I switched to the Iams Naturals because the BB was just too expensive. I have heard people talk about how great Taste Of The Wild is, and that it was a little cheaper that some of the other natural dog foods, I love that it has REAL meat, and fruits and veggies in it, and that it's GRAIN FREE with no fillers and and artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. I'm very comfortable giving it to them. Monday, I'm adding a new puppy to the gang, and I've already got hers too. I got her the TOTW High Prairie Puppy Formula with Roasted Venison and Bison. I really want to hear about ya'lls TOTW experiences, and how it changed your dogs. I realize that TOTW has had a few recalls, but that can happen with any brand. I'm not too concerned about it, as long as they get it off the shelves, and fix the problem, and they get it all back on the shelves, and it's all safe. So, please Tell me about what ya'll think about TOTW, those of you who use it, or have used it.

Rosey and Sweetpea's Mommy,
Darci

Edited by author Sat Feb 16, '13 5:31pm PST

[notify]
Mrs. Trudy

No Snoop Left- Behind

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 5:47pm PST 
I was changed to Taste of the Wild a few years ago. I had been eating Nutro dog food. Switching over was really easy and I really enjoyed the food. I think it was the High Prarie food. I noticed my coat became softer and less course. My bowel movements were more normal too. I did end up changing to wellness reduced fat because I needed to be on a diet and I found that the wellness helped me manage my weight. But I did love TOTW!way to go
[notify]
Rosey Belle- Stewart

Mommy, let\'s- Snuggle!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 7:46pm PST 
Good, I'm glad that your TOTW experience was positive! applause Rosey's fur is very rough and course, and so I hope it makes it more soft and shiny. I hope that it helps her maintain a healthier weight too. She's kinda chubby. red face Sweetpea also has really bad tear stains. I've heard that a good, high quality food can help that.. Is that true? thinkingshrug I've been using those tear stain remover pads from Walmart, with little success. But I read that diet has a lot to do with that.
[notify]

Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 9:28pm PST 
I used it for a year or so with two of the dogs, I really liked the results. But I recently had to switch the Girls off it since Mom no longer wants to pay for it. I use Diamond Naturals now, which isn't as good as Taste of the Wild but is better than a lot of the "cheap" stuff out there.
[notify]
Rosey Belle- Stewart

Mommy, let\'s- Snuggle!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 11:02pm PST 
Yeah TOTW is good stuff. puppy I pay for TOTW myself so that's why I feed it. If my mom was paying for it, she would make me get something else too lol. laugh out loud Diamond Naturals is an okay food. It's def. better than all these big name commercial foods like Purina, Iams, Alpo, Petagree etc. That's what I would use if I could for some reason no longer afford TOTW. It's a decent food, so don't worry. relieved

Edited by author Sat Feb 16, '13 11:06pm PST

[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 11:07pm PST 
i have been feeding TOTW for about 5 years. I love it and so do the dogs. I did try the buffalo one but they gained weight. They seem to manage their weight the best on the salmon formula.
[notify]
Rosey Belle- Stewart

Mommy, let\'s- Snuggle!

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 4:19am PST 
My dogs love TOTW too, and so do I. cheer I'll try to salmon flavor next. I'm gonna try them on all the TOTW flavors and see which one they like best or that I feel they do best on. It may be a hard choice, because they love the roasted fowl so much. thinking They may love them all! LOL! way to go

Rosey and Sweetpea's Mommy,
Darci
puppy
[notify]
Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 6:53am PST 
It is a good food but you really have to watch the recalls because they have had a couple in the last few years. I read the dog food advisor and keep updated on dog food recalls. So far the kibble I feed hasn't had a recall so I will stick with it since it is a 5 star rated kibble.
[notify]
Rusty

Champion PPH

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 9:43am PST 
Dahlia & Rusty have been on TOTW Salmon all their lives and I love it. A good thing to note is that the Salmon formula has less calories that most diet foods, if you're looking to get some weight off your dogs. I've never had a recall problem on it and I do check periodically. It usually depends on which plant they come out of.
[notify]
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Sun Feb 17, '13 10:04am PST 
TOTW was the first grain free food I put our dogs on. We went grain free last fall I believe. It was great and I was really happy with the results. We ended up switching to natures variety instinct though after we found out Sparkles was allergic to all poultry and eggs. We wanted to be able to switch between a couple flavors so they weren't stuck eating the same flavor all the time. Overall though, grain free has made dramatic changes in our pups. Rocky and Dreamy seem years younger and have toned up and dropped fat. Sparkles is a strong and healthy puppy smile I even managed to get my parents to start feeding TOTW recently since it's decent priced (and they were feeding generic Sam's club junk)
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2