GO!

Wild Meat

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 3:05pm PST 
Shadow has a beef allergy. I have access to a good supply of wild meat, elk and moose mostly. Anyone know if that will trip her allergies?
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 3:14pm PST 
Won't know unless you try.
[notify]
Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 4:36pm PST 
Lol. That's what I thought.
[notify]

Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 1:04pm PST 
And by the red, itchy ears now an elk allergy! Grrrrr.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 11:50pm PST 
It may not be the food. Dog allergies are statistically more caused by environmental factors than the protein in their food.
[notify]
Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 7:58am PST 
Guest we have ruled that out. The only time her ears start bothering her is if she gets beef. Even trace amounts will cause it. And now apparently Elk bothers her as well. When we were feeding her beef she suffered with constant ear infections and was itchy and shedding constantly. Now if she gets some by accident within hours her ears get red inside and she starts shaking her head. I apply the earwash a few times to keep her comfortable and within a day she is fine again. It is definitely a food allergy.
[notify]
Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 9:48am PST 
I'm sorry the elk didn't work out for you frown Are you planning to try any of the other types of meat?
[notify]
Shadow

Lets GO

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 10:26am PST 
We still have the moose, deer, bison and sheep. I know she's good with fish, chicken and lamb. I have a fairly large group of avid hunters who are willing to donate any unused or scrap meat. The elk was a bit disheartening but I will keep trying. I'm hoping I will get some leftover fowl as well.
[notify]
Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 5:54pm PST 
Fingers crossed smile I hope you can find something that you can use. Do you have other dogs that can eat it?
[notify]