GO!

Fresh Pet Vitals?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 3:33pm PST 
I was in Petco today picking up some stuff for the cats, and I stopped to look at these. Most of the big chubs were going out of date soon, so I called over the manager and got him to discount them all to about $5 a roll.

Seemed like they might make good training treats (especially for Ridley's tracking, as I never seem to have anything good enough to keep his interest), so I bought 5 of them.

Anyway, anyone ever use these or know anything about them? I see the commercials, and the ingredients look good, but I don't know anything about the company or what quality the ingredients are, etc.
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 4:36pm PST 
I generally liked them, Conker did good on it during the trial we did. (I sometimes get free dog food in the mail in exchange for reviews, Freshpet Vital was one of them.) They are quite expensive, but it's comparable in quality to homecooked as far as that goes. Feeding a large dog Freshpet does not seem feasible to me, but for a smaller dog or as a treat or occasional thing should be fine.

Other than that, I don't know much about the actual quality of the ingredients or too much about the company. I've got some propaganda they sent me that might have more information sitting around somewhere, but I'd have to go digging around for it.
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 5:04pm PST 
I have fed both the rolls and the bagged meals. Noah loved, loved, loved the meals but they made him gassy so we stopped feeding them. The cats also loved the meals but I ran into the same problem that I had with kibble: they wolfed it down too quickly and puked it up.

Ultimately, for me, it was too expensive to keep in the rotation unless I can get a special deal on them like you did.
[notify]

Gizmo

14- Years- Young!

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 6:11pm PST 
I buy the rolls to use as treats occasionally because the ingredients are way better than Natural Balance rolls. The dogs love them, but they’re kind of hard to handle- hard to cut up, and they get mushy and fall apart easily. Although for the price you got, I would have no complaints- nice score!
[notify]