GO!

Acana dog food

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 2:31pm PST 
I find even out here three hours from the kitchens that make Acana, that not many pet stores carry it here either. I mean, not the big chain ones like PetSmart. I do know Pet Planet, Pisces Pet Emporium and a few of the smaller chains and privately owned stores carry it, but that's about it. It's more the places that actually focus on pet health and nutrition that tend to carry it.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 6:46pm PST 
Oh O.K wow eh? Well I am glad my vet has it then!!
[notify]
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 7:28pm PST 
Charlie. The big stores don't carry it because they would have to order it for all their stores, & since Champion is just one manufacturing facility, there is no way to keep up with demand. So they stick to more of the smaller chains.
[notify]

Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Mon Jan 28, '13 11:31pm PST 
I feed my dogs Acana (grain inclusive and grain free formulas) and they're doing wonderful on them. Acana is my preferred dog food, hands down.
[notify]
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 6:37am PST 
Squ'mey - makes sense when you put it that way! Yeah, they've already got high demand, and are barely keeping up... Can't imagine what they'd do if the bigger chains ordered from them too, although I do believe they underestimated just how popular their food would truly be.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 6:47am PST 
Yea considering that it is no more expensive, and where i get it, it is cheaper then these other foods such as blue buffalo and things like that, which I think is a great food, but Acana I have to say is better and locally grown so you would think it would be more popular......weird
[notify]
Charlie

I'm a hound

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 11:22am PST 
We love Acana! Charlie has a bit of an iron stomach, and before we adopted Alice, he was doing fine on Taste of the Wild. Alice didn't do very well with the ToTW, so after rotating around some, we've settled on Acana Pacifica. Both dogs do excellent on the food. Charlie especially has had his coat improve (he's super soft now, especially his lovely hound ears) and he has much less of a houndy smell.

We buy from a local pet store chain or order it online.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 6:02pm PST 
I couldn't believe how much my pups love it to!.....Lexus the puppy i think she would just pile down anything I fed her, But Mika is very picky and we had to test a few different brands before we found a Blue Buffalo one that she liked. So I was worried about switching her to Acana if she wasn't going to eat it but she loves it!! Blue Buffalo I still think is a great food and everything but for a couple dollars cheaper and a 5 star rating in Acana, I figured we should go for it for sure. And she loves it!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2