GO!

OMG evo and gas

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 3:27pm PST 
So evo was on sale this month. . .we got the salmon type. I tend to try lots of different brands all the time. My dogs get a very varied diet.Sometimes we're raw, some months canned, some months kibble. sometimes we'll stick with a brand for a few months. I joke with my dog food store guy that I could do his job, I think I've tried everything in the store at least once.

It's almost the end of the month for the back now, and thank goodness. The month started of with a bit of the splarts, which they rarely ever have. It's ending up with the most awful dog gas and stinky poops I have ever smelled out of the end of my poor pups. It's like a rotten combo of burnt rubber and salmon. Their breath this month puts sea lions to shame. I have fennel toothpaste for them and it still doesn't clear the smell.

I haven't used Evo in about two years now. It didn't do this to them last time I got it. I'm going to have to have a raw month to get them back in balance I think. Wheeeew.red facesilencedeek
[notify]
Conker

OBEY ME!

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 3:33pm PST 
You might have gotten a bad bag, or it just doesn't agree with your dogs. Mine does quite well on it, no bad breath, no stinky poops, and this is one of the few kibbles that doesn't give him deathfarts.
[notify]
Charlie

I'm a hound

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '13 7:00pm PST 
Evo was definitely a no go in our house. Charlie is a bit if a gassy Gus to begin with silenced, but it just did not agree with him or Alice. It was not a fun time!

Although, both do very well on Acana, so we've stuck with that for about half a year now.
[notify]