GO!

How do you store your food?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3  
Ikan

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 10:56am PST 
I use a plastic storage tote that came with pedigree years ago. It holds more then 40 pounds but with all my dogs, i go through a bag about ever 12-14 days so the food is never in that long.
[notify]
Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 12:52pm PST 
I too store in Rubbermaid containers in my garage. When I had fewer dogs and was going through the food less frequently I did the same, just kept it the food in the bag in the container. I feed Earthborn Holistic a lot now and really like their bags because they are resealable, like a zip lock, so those have come in handy. If I were in an apartment I'd store in the bag, in a container. If you're worried about plastic perhaps use a metal garbage can.
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Wed Feb 6, '13 5:40pm PST 
We bought one of these because we have a pretty small closet to store the food in and this is tall and narrow. http://www.amazon.com/Iris-MP-12-NAVY-Airtight-Container-Quarts/dp/B 00186RTWW/ref=zg_bs_2975354011_2
The wheels are something we thought we wouldn't need/use, but they are a great asset.

We are super happy with it! I recommend storing the food in the bag, in the container. When we dumped the food into the plactic container, we found our dog over time liked the food less and less and I think that the smell of the plastic impacted the quality because we don't have this problem anymore now that we leave it in the bag. I highly recommend the container. No dog food smells leach out and easy to use on a daily basis.
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3