GO!

What Is The Best Possible Food?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bellatrix

Crazy Ball'O Fur

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 1:00am PST 
What is the best possible kibble that you can find in most pet stores? I'm thinking about switching Bella to more kibble, as where I live it's hard to feed raw.

Thanks,
Bella and me
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 9:52am PST 
Have you seen the "So are you confused by dog food" thread?

http://www.dogster.com/forums/Food_and_Nutrition/thread/518898

That has a ton of info and you can scroll to the end of that first post to get a list of good, premium dog foods way to go
[notify]
Mikal

PSD SDIT

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 4:10pm PST 
If you're still looking for a good food, you could check out dogfoodanalysis.com. They rate lots of different foods and explain why they got that rating.

Here's a direct link to the reviews:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/
[notify]

Toby

Got food?

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 5:52pm PST 
my Toby is doing great on The Honest Kitchen and my other 2 eat Orijen and canned Weruva and Evangers. Have you tried ordering online?
[notify]
Jasper

High-flyin' Pup!

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 7:46pm PST 
I manage a pet feed store, and this is my least favorite quiestion because nobody likes the answer.

There is no best food, only the best food for your dog.
[notify]
Ikan

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 8:38am PST 
I agree with Jasper, the best food is the one that your dog will eat, and the one that you feel the dog looks good on and you are happy with it. What works for my dog, may not work for yours. You just have to try a couple of different ones , and just go from there.
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Tue Jan 29, '13 9:20pm PST 
Most pet stores, at least where I live carry Blue Buffalo. It is not crazy expensive either. And it is a good food. Good ingredients. Find something your dog will do well on, as the other posters have said. Just try to make sure it has good meat products in it and is not filled with fillers etc, dog food adviser is a great site, it explains how they rate the different foods and what they look at ingredient wise. You would have to look around the pet stores in your area because different places carry different things. Good Luck though!
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 7:10am PST 
Dogfoodavisor.com is a really good review site. It's the only one that stays updated. Look at the 4 or 5 star rated foods. Every dog is different, like us. I have one that doesn't do well at all on grain-free...he needs his ricelaugh out loud
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 9:02am PST 
The dog review sites is good start Bella does good on fromm kibble and wellness core ocean kibble.

Saya has had the honest kitchen makes a yummy snack or small meal.

Bella loves it too she gets it as a kibble topper once in a while. or I do half kibble and half honest kitchen once in while for variety. Ziwipeak is nice too both ziwipeak and honest kitchen are pricey though.

The 10lb honest kitchen has lasted me decent time as kibble topper for Bella or snack for Saya..
[notify]
Laverne- Marie

Therapy Dog- Superstar!!

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 3:13pm PST 
Others are right in that a good food, within reason, is one that work well for your dog(s). I like Merrick for mine. They are doing well with the grain inclusive and also the grain free. Fromm is another one I like, as well as Nature's Variety. Hope this helps. Oh...Merrick and Nature's Variety can be bought at Petco, while Fromm is sometimes harder to find and is only available online or from independent pet food store.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2