GO!

chicken jerky treats recall

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 1:59pm PST 
Just passing this along. Some of the toxic chicken jerky treats that are made in China are now being recalled.

Waggin' Train and Canyon Creek Ranch chicken jerky treats have been recalled due to anticbiotic residue.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/waggin-tra in-chicken-jerky-treats-recall/
(Remove any spaces that may appear in the URL.)

Edited by author Wed Jan 9, '13 2:06pm PST

[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 2:11pm PST 
Milo's Kitchen chicken jerky treats are also being recalled.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130109/us-nestle-puri na-dog-treat-recall/?utm_hp_ref=green&ir=green
(Remove any spaces that appear in the URL.)
[notify]
Tessie

Which way did- they go?

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 6:17pm PST 
wonder if they will recall Dogswell next? Its about time they did this. And yes, when it comes to foods that do harm I am a food snob wink
[notify]

Lily

Woof!

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 6:34pm PST 
Same here, Tessie! laugh out loud I hardly ever buy store bought dog treats anymore. If I do, nothing from China and only limited ingredients. Most treats I give are homemade now a days.

Edited by author Wed Jan 9, '13 6:46pm PST

[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 4:07am PST 
I found this today. sure hope its true

A great day.
Today is a great day for the pet industry and for pet owners worldwide. For those of you that are unaware, Nestle Purina has issued a withdrawal (not a recall) of their chicken jerky products. The Chinese chicken jerky industry has dominated the pet treat market for years with the Waggin Train and Canyon Creek brands, both owned by Nestle leading the pack. These products only existed because chicken breast meat in China is essentially a waste product. China is not allowed to import chicken to the USA into the human food chain, so they found a back door and a home for it in the pet industry.
Dogs have been eating anti-biotic, glycerin (and god knows what else) laden chicken jerky and have been getting sick and dying for years.

The beauty of today's news is that this product is gone for good. China won't stop putting anti-biotics not approved by the USA in their chicken, so there will be no chicken available for companies like Nestle to grab up for pennies on the dollar and pass off as being "natural and wholesome for pets." Justice has been served. Given the fact that there is only one chicken industry in China, every other brand of Chinese chicken jerky will soon be gone as well. It's time to dance the dance.
John Gigliotti-Founder of Whole Life Pet Products

John Gigliotti
President
Whole Life Pet Products
john@wholelifepet.com
413-442-4316 ext 13
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 7:44am PST 
That would be amazing if that is true, Dylan!

So far I have not heard anything about Dogswell jerky treats. I really hope they recall those, they made two of my dogs sick. (They began having diarrhea and vomiting after eating the Dogswell jerky.)

Edited by author Thu Jan 10, '13 7:49am PST

[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 7:58am PST 
I make my own jerky for the pups.
usually turkey cuz the breast is bigger and I get bigger peices and more of them
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 10:54am PST 
I used to get them a brand called Colorado Natural, they are made in the US and have no added ingredients, but they are hard to find now. I have not tried making homemade jerky yet, I should try making some soon. My pups have not had any jerky treats in ages!
[notify]
Barney,- friend of- Lennox

Bad to the Bone

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 7:25am PST 
I have not been able to get Cindy to substantiate this rumor yet...but a friend who works in many pet stores told us that many, many customers at one Petsmart store had told management that if they continued to stock Chinese jerky treats, that they would stop shopping in the store.

Whatever led to this withdrawal of the product, we applaud it applause

We hope the entire Chinese chicken pet treat industry collapses...they killed hundreds, perhaps thousands, of American pets.

Cindy stopped buying anything made in China after the 2007 melanine debacle.
[notify]
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 8:28am PST 
2 more chicken jerky treats have been withdrawn/recalled.

IMS Trading Group Withdraws Chicken Jerky Dog Treats Due to Drug Residue
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/ims-trading-g roup-chicken-jerky-treat-recall/

Publix Chicken Tenders Dog Chew Treats Recall
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall/publix-chicken -tenders-dog-chew-treats-recall/

(Remember to remove any spaces that may appear in the URL.)
[notify]