GO!

Confession time. What's the worst snack/food thing you'll still give your dog?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 5 of 8: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  
Milton

Im just a little- guy

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 10:18pm PST 
The worst I have done is given my dog titbits from donuts from Saturday bank visits. I also have given him French fries only to have them rejected. My dog usually won't eat them shock The first time he dropped the fry and was like meh.

I figure donuts are not worse than some of the commercial treats for dogs. I am bad about giving my dog people food.

My mom buys French Frys just for her dogs when she goes through the drive thru. I think this may be common among dog people.
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 10:26pm PST 
I will occasionally give Onyx a little bit of something I'm cooking, or let him lick a dish. He's kind of picky though, doesn't like fruits or veggies. I tried to give him the last bite of a vegetarian corn dog once. He took it from me, spat it out, picked up, spat it out again, and then looked at me like, "You got ripped off. That's not meat." laugh out loud

Edited by author Tue Jan 8, '13 10:30pm PST

[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 1:04am PST 
Haha, Onyx is a connoisseur!

Miyu, JT is just nuts about kfc. I get like 10 pieces of the stuff in a pack and then pull it all off the bone and he gets it for dinner, usually the crap bits like the wings, because really, they're pretty pointless. He won't eat the chips though (or I guess you guys call them fries?) Something about these definitely ... disturbs him.
[notify]

Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 6:24am PST 
Dylan and Bryce love watermellon, grace will spit it out
[notify]
Dunkin

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 7:07am PST 
Not very often, just like for birthdays and Christmas, I give my dogs beggin strips as a treat. I do not like to have them on hand all the time. Mostly for trats my dogs get Greenies and Nutro crunch treats
[notify]
H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 11:29am PST 
H. gets a portion of whatever I am eating. If I get take out I order something for her and if I cook then I make enough for two! If she can't have something or there isn't enough, then it's the back up dog food. She's been eating this way her whole life and her stomach can handle just about anything.

My puppy is on a mostly kibble diet though. He gets milk bones for treats and once in a while a chip or cookie if I feel like sharing my snack. Oh and carrots! Cause I always have raw carrots in the fridge.

Edited by author Wed Jan 9, '13 11:29am PST

[notify]
Abbey

Feisty- Girl

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 1:18pm PST 
I’m mean. shh The worst thing I buy for them are Zuke’s or Fresh Pet rolls to use as training treats. If I take them to a pet store I’ll let them eat whatever the checker gives them, though.

I never feed them from my plate, either. The dogs we had growing up were terrible beggars because my mom fed them right off her fork. I know it’s really a training issue, but I still can’t bring myself to do it.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 4:28am PST 
Most commercial treats and any people food with flour in it is out for Bunny due to wheat/corn intolerancefrown I give him peanut butter and cheese for treats. Also I often give him ice cream (no cone) for his birthdaysmile The nutty dog also loves carrots, apples and cucumbers! shock

Princesse has gotten Ceasar bites (?) and other treats of that type in her OB class in addition to what Bunny can have.smile She doesn't care much for fruit and vegetablesshrug laugh out loud
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 10:10am PST 
I'm a pretty unhealthy eater myself, so unfortunately, that rubs off on my dog.

I don't give her a lot (I work hard to keep her weight down) but she gets little bits of almost any snack I'm eating. Chips, fries, cake, candy...but the worst is what my Mom gives her; Cotton Candy and marshmallows! My Mom is addicted to Cotton candy (candy floss) and now, so is my dog.
[notify]
Ace

Mischief is my- middle name

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 11:23am PST 
After throwing out a bag of Chinese made chicken jerky a while ago, I found an American made brand recently and bought a bag. I think that's the worst thing I'm giving them right now. Not because I think it's so unhealthy, but because Kale has had some nose-hair-frying paint-peeling gas coincident with the new jerky. I'll still let him have some, but I'll just have to time it better laugh out loud
[notify]
  (Page 5 of 8: Viewing entries 41 to 50)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8