GO!

Sick of the dog food snobs!!

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 10 of 10: Viewing entries 91 to 93)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  
Lily

Woof!

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 8:18am PST 
My feelings exactly, Sabi! way to go
[notify]
Laverne- Marie

Therapy Dog- Superstar!!

Barked: Mon Jun 3, '13 4:09pm PST 
I agree with Lessie when she said that you can educate without being nasty. But, I only educate when asked, or when I'm very close to the person and know all about their situation. I would classify myself as a dog/cat food snob who's being reformed a little recently. I still have "standards" that I won't compromise on (nothing from China, no artificial preservatives, no dyes....you get the picture), but I once thought I'd never feed a food lower than "4" stars lol. I'll admit to being very blessed, atm, and I have no budget for pet food/accessories. I have fed raw, freeze dried, canned, dehydrated, top-of-the-line everything BUT lately have realized that you really don't have to break the bank to feed your pets a good food and sometimes a lower rated food might just be the ticket. Here's the background that has led to my "reforming".....Laverne has mild allergies. She'll get loose stool, anal gland problems, eye tearing, mild paw/front leg licking. I realized I needed to use hypoallergenic foods. I started with Nature's Variety, which is rated a 5 star (did not work well), then Acana Singles, 4-5 star food (better, but not great). I finally decided to go with Natural Balance LID Fish....even though I boycotted them for using Diamond for some of their formulas and the rate around 3 stars (that dog food snob thing, again!). Things were great, at last! It got me to thinking that you don't always have to feed a 4-5 star food for it to work for your dog, especially one with some issues. Well, NB decided to merge with Del Monte, and my snobbery, if you will, is rearing its ugly head again. I just don't feel I can trust NB anymore, due to Del Monte using China ingredients for treats/food. So....I transitioned to Wellness Simple (worked okay, not great), then I went to Petsmart and got their Simply Nourish LID Salmon (not great, either). I finally decided the tomato pomace and/or carrots was causing problems. I bit the bullet and went to Tractor Supply and bought their new grain free fish (made by Ainsworth). So far, it's working! AND.....I'm saving sooo much money LOL.
[notify]
Casey

OMG look Mom!- Another dog!

Barked: Fri Jun 14, '13 10:36am PST 
I'm sorry if someone has already mentioned this, but the worst forum I've seen full of dog food snobs (as well as other types of snobs) is The Nest! My biggest pet peeve is when people who are not vets, nutritionists, or trainers try to troll everyone on what they're doing "wrong." That's my rant. I'm so glad I found Dogster.
[notify]

(Page 10 of 10: Viewing entries 91 to 93)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10