GO!

How Much Do I Feed Her?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Luna

Future Service- Dog

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 4:10pm PST 
I just brought a pup home. She is 15 months old and weighs 24 pounds. I will be feeding her ToTW twice a day, but I don't know how much to feed.
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 8:25pm PST 
Bet you are on cloud 9!

Start with the lowest amount for her weight listed on the bag and don't be too concerned if she is too spaced out to eat much the first few days. Just keep offering kibble at the meal times you need to establish and she will figure out which end is up soon.
[notify]
Luna

Future Service- Dog

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 8:30pm PST 
Yep, I'm pretty happy!

My goodness, I didn't think to even CHECK the bag. red face silenced It says 1.5-2 cups a day. Guess I'll start there, then.
[notify]

Tiara

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '12 4:57pm PST 
Most companies tell you to feed more then the dog really needs. I say check your dogs weight, then take about 15% of what they say to feed and try that to see how your dog does with it. Then just adjust from there. They tell you to feed more because if you feed more, you will buy more.
[notify]