GO!

Can Somebody do the Math? How Much to Feed These Doggies?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2  
Dave

Dr. Dave Bowman

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 6:02am PST 
At their size, ½ cup of food twice a day should be fine. If they are showing signs of being underweight, then you can bump it up to 1 cup twice a day. If you are unsure if your dogs are at the appropriate weight, take them in to the vet and ask them.
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 4:48pm PST 
I'm also trying to factor in activity level. They each have an hour walk a day and even in their play together it's wild wrestling or tag through the yard...pibble zoomies are a sight to behold, their feet barely hit the ground...but they definitely get a good workout every day...that would equal more calories yes?
[notify]
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 5:04pm PST 
Feed the amount needed for them to have a healthy body condition and don't worry if a dog acts like its starving. If your dog's are at a healthy body condition, don't change a thing.

A friend's dog can get into the cat food, eat a 10 lb. bag and cry for dinner a couple hours later.
[notify]

Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Wed Dec 19, '12 9:20am PST 
LOLlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loudSounds JUST like Callie...thanks for the reassurance folks!!!!
[notify]
Ikan

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 10:23am PST 
My dogs are between 60-70 pounds. They get a cup to 1 1/2 cups twice a day. The younger ones get more then the older dog because he tends to get fat if i feed him to much. But mine are high active dogs and burn a lot of it off running in the back yard.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 15)  
1  2