GO!

Producer of potentially contaminated treats is not issuing a recall...

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 10:34pm PST 
I was dismayed by this article...part of me wanted to think there must be some mistake, that it couldn't be true...but I'm afraid there is real cause for concern here:

http://foodpoisoningbulletin.com/2012/company-refuses-to-re call-salmonella-dog-treats/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&u tm_campaign=Feed%3A+FoodPoisoningBulletin+%28Food+Poisoning+Bulletin %29
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 9:27am PST 
:

One reason I'm getting a dehydrator to make my own dog treats..
[notify]
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 2:45pm PST 
Cindy makes our chicken jerky treats now...she just puts strips of chicken on a cookie sheet and bakes them at about 375 til they are all dried up. Maybe we can get her to get a dehyadrator from Santa Paws!
[notify]

Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Thu Dec 13, '12 7:15pm PST 
Yeah I dehydrated chicken hearts in oven once made a lot and it did good job, but I think a dehydrator would make doing it much easier.. I dunno.

Saya and Bella loved the dehydrated meat.

I also make dog biscuits and fish fudge. I still do buy store bought dog treats, but I make sure they're good quality.
[notify]
Dunkin

Barked: Mon Dec 31, '12 5:18pm PST 
It seems every month a new recall or pet food problems comes out. Just when will these companies learn.
[notify]