GO!

dog food score chart?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Tiara

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 3:26pm PST 
I will have to check out my dogs food on the chart
[notify]
Tiara

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 3:26pm PST 
I will have to check out my dogs food on the chart
[notify]
Mika

blue/brown eyed- girl!

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 5:39pm PST 
oh good.
[notify]

Ginger

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '12 10:27am PST 
I have never checked my food on any score chart, but it is the #1 choice of the people at the store where I buy the food. I feed Horizon Legacy. Where I buy it, it is $21.99 for an 8.8 lb bag. My 4 dogs love it and have been doing very well on it.
[notify]
Bella

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 9:27am PST 
I prefer this site...easy to use and very detailed with ingredients and rating score.
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

Edited by author Thu Nov 15, '12 9:28am PST

[notify]
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Fri Nov 16, '12 1:23pm PST 
I also refer to dog food advisor, but for price comparison purposes I found the "graded chart" with more delineated scores to be an interesting reference too.
[notify]
Mya

Barked: Sat Nov 17, '12 12:30am PST 
Very interesting comparison Ellie. Maybe it does not have to be so expensive to feed a good premium food if we just look around and do the chart analysis.
[notify]
Ginger

Ginger Snap

Barked: Sun Nov 18, '12 2:56pm PST 
puppyThank you for all the info here. My mom knows I need puppy food and had left the store because they couldn't help with any answers other than well it just depends what you want to pay! *sigh*

I did get some samples to see if my tummy will be ok going from dog to puppy food, I just wish price wasn't such a factor for mom and that she would finish making those biscuits soon!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2