GO!

Suggest Some Durable Chewies

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3  
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 8:37am PST 
Great idea Scooter!!! I'm going to order from them too! It makes sense to buy in bulk for some things. My math isn't great but one month-two dogs-a bully stick each a day...it adds up.
I found another site I'll suggest is wag.com. they have the Stella and Chewy brand and something called laser shipping (???) i placed the order online at about 4pm one afternoon and by noon the next day it was delivered-free shipping too.
The bully sticks and Mojo Ball are great. Also empty seltzer bottles-they just rip through the furry animal toys where you put the bottle inside. So just take off the cap and let him chomp then toss it when it's squished.
happy dance
[notify]
Dave

Dr. Dave Bowman

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 5:19am PST 
If you want some really durable chews, you can try raw meaty bones. My dogs love beef tails and other raw meaty bones. I also buy goat, llama, pork, and mutton RMBs. If you buy large ones they last a very long time. Since my dogs are so small, I only have to buy small ones and they still last forever! It takes them hours to get through one RMB. Here is a great website, if you are interested:

https://www.hare-today.com/

They also sell marrow bones, which my dogs absolutely adore! It's a special treat, since marrow is so fatty, but when they get it, they go crazy! The small marrow bones last them days. laugh out loud
[notify]

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 9:19pm PST 
I use Antler Chews and Bully Sticks for my dog. You mentioned though that your dog loved ice cream, so I suggest that you go for frozen Kongs then. Maybe that would work.
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3