GO!

Dr. Dodds' Test for Food Sensitivities

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

joey

I'm working on- three toys!

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 11:17am PST 
I understand that Dr. Dodds is offering a new (I think) saliva test to determine what foods a dog is sensitive to. I was wondering if anyone has actually had her do this test, and if so, did it seem valid? It seems too good to be true!

Also, if anyone has had her do thyroid testing on a dog, I'd be curious to hear of the results. I am wondering if her testing is really that much more precise and useful than the usual, simple thyroid test that vets normally offer. I often wonder if Joey's thyroid function is low but just isn't registering low yet.....similar to what happened to mine. (I was tired, cold-sensitive, and gained weight easily for at least a year before I finally tested positive for low (hypo) thyroid.
[notify]
Dunkin

Barked: Fri Sep 7, '12 5:18pm PST 
I have not heard anything about the test for food sensitivities, I look forward to hearing more about it to see if it is really true.
[notify]