GO!

Hunger Vomits

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 8:56am PST 
In the two years I've had her this is the first time Jewel's ever thrown up! It was last weekend and we were late with breakfast and out for a walk when she stopped and threw up foamy yellow bile. No biggie we just went home and had breakfast.

This morning it wasn't even 7am and we were snuggling in bed when she started to make a pre-vomit noise so I jumped up and ran to get a bag of treats. She wasn't too thrilled but ate one, after that she was more interested and ate several and didn't throw up.

She's on a rotation diet and is currently eating Acana's Lamb & Apple. Normally she gets grain-free food but I wanted to try something with a bit of grain to see if it would help her burping/air licking issue.

So is she throwing up because it's not enough protien for her?
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 9:34am PST 
So sorry Jewel is having issues. In all honesty I discovered that food containing grain actually produced more problems with my pups bellies than the grain-free did. It could simply be the food,perhaps you could try switching her back and see if it helps,it may also be a good idea to consult with your vet.hugwishes
[notify]
Rascal

Silly

Barked: Sat Sep 1, '12 9:15am PST 
Do you feed your dog once a day or twice a day or just go way to long without food in the stomach? The days I sleep in I definitely can tell Rascals stomach is upset. Sometimes he waits a good 10 minutes to eat, which he is usually the first to finish!
I work at a vet and find many people also free fed their dogs which in turn seems to lead to more stomach acid build up and vomiting. Once the dog is put on a schedule then the vomiting stops.
[notify]