GO!

Mr dog refuses to eat

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Joush

Barked: Tue Jul 31, '12 2:39am PST 
My dog refuses to eat his food or treats when presented in front him him. This has been going on for the past 1 week. However, when a dental plaque removal treat is given to him, he chew it down eagerly. I concluded that he is hungry but is picky about his food. Or he may be suffering from an illness.My dog refuses to eat his food or treats when presented in front him him. This has been going on for the past 1 week. However, when a dental plaque removal treat is given to him, he chew it down eagerly. I concluded that he is hungry but is picky about his food. Or he may be suffering from an illness.he doesn't eat fruit like usual.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Tue Jul 31, '12 5:53am PST 
Has he always been a picky eater or is this happening for the first time. If it's the first time, there is a reason for it. He may not be feeling well and only eating what he really likes. He maybe fussy for different reasons. If he's not eating his food, I would suggest talking to your vet about possible reasons. They can help narrow down what's causing it.
[notify]
Mya

Barked: Tue Jul 31, '12 7:54am PST 
It could be a dental issue that the teeth are sensitive for some reason.
[notify]

Joush

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 1:59am PST 
to Scooter- PAWS,
it happens before 4 a few times.but this time really last long.i will take him to see the vet till this weekend cos i m a little busy.
[notify]
Joush

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 2:00am PST 
to Mya,
hmm i guess so,it seems that i have to take him to see the vet to check
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 3:59am PST 
Keep us posted on how he does. Hope he's better soon.
[notify]
Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 9:22am PST 
Have you changed his food? Last week I bought a better brand food for my boys and they both snubbed it. I even cooked each up a hamburger and cut it up small and added to their bowls. They ate the burger but didn't touch the kibble. Neither dog ate for 2 days. I had to go back to the store and buy their regular brand that they like even though it's a cheaper and not so good food.
[notify]
Zoey

oops theres a- wall there!

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 6:01pm PST 
I agree with the food change, recently we have been trying to find a brand that zoey likes that won't upset her tummy, I thought we had found one cause she was eatting it with no prob now for little over a month now, and all of a sudden she stopped eatting it. I had to go back to some other food that she likes and right when I got home she gobbled it all down. So I would just try switching to a different food first and see how that goes.
[notify]
Bandit

Gentle Giant

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 10:42pm PST 
Try Nutro Natural Choice, they give you a great taste gaurentee that your dog will love it or simply return it. It is a great food that my dogs love and look at their coats! They shine from the food, oh thats also a gaurentee that you will see an improvement of the skin and coat. And I use a little of the wet food for my female McKenzie because she came to me from a home that fed her table scraps and she had terrible oral health and didn't want the dry food at first. But now her teeth are in better shape and she will eat her dry kibble.

Edited by author Fri Sep 14, '12 10:56am PST

Approved by forums moderator