GO!

Best Grain-Free Dog Foods - other than Blue Buffalo Wilderness

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 6:25pm PST 
I can personally recommend the Wellness Grain-Free Dry Dog Food.

You can find a lot of extremely positive buyer reviews on the web

Read more: http://ibookmarkedit.com/wellness-grain-free-dry-dog-food-for-adult- dogs-core-original-26-pound-bag-2/ >Wellness Grain-Free Dry Dog Food for Adult Dogs, CORE Original, 26-Pound Bag
[notify]
Sparkles

Wait for me!!

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 4:21am PST 
I have to say I'm sold on taste of the wild. The recalls dont bother me (think of how many times human food is recalled) My pups (and the cat) have done amazing on it since we switched. So far its been the only thing we found that Sparkles could handle without getting diarrhea. She went through a lot of different foods till we found it.
[notify]

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 9:22pm PST 
I feed Taste Of The Wild and my dog Keno loves it. I have still been looking for different foods simply because it is made by Diamond and the recalls worry me. Its hard to find another food at a similar price though. I get a 30lb bag of it for $40 and all the other quality foods are a lot more expensive around me. I looked at Solid Gold because it was just a little more expensive and can be found at PetCo but it is also made by Diamond

Edited by author Thu Dec 20, '12 9:28pm PST

[notify]

Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 8:12am PST 
Wow, still cheap in your area guest. Last time I looked at it, it had shot up to almost $49 a bag around here.

Don't know how much Earthborn is anymore, but when I bought a bag to test out a a few years ago, its was around $45. Might be worth a look if its stayed in that price range.
[notify]
Ginger

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 10:04am PST 
We feed Horizon Legacy and all 4 of our dogs do well on it. It is made by a smaller Canadian company that has its own manufacturing facility and uses locally sourced ingredients. It isn't sold in all areas though, but petflow.com carries it if interested. I buy it locally though.
[notify]
Ginger

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 10:06am PST 
As someone else already posted, Horizon has the Horizon Legacy and Amicus foods. But they also have a little cheaper single protein food called Pulsar that is also grain free. We have used it when they were out of Legacy and didn't have any issues with it.
[notify]
Keno

Semi Health Nut

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 7:24pm PST 
I was the guest that posted about TOTW being $40. I can only get it for that at a local feed store. Every other place is about $47-$49.

You could try Victor if you are able to find it. While I personally havent fed it I would like to try it but I cant find it near me. Don't let the boring bag fool you, Ive heard lots of good things about it.
[notify]
Thor CGC

God of Thunder

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 2:23pm PST 
Nutri-source grain free is the food I have found that works the best for Thor. It is 46.99 for a 30 lb bag around here, so it is a bit cheaper than TOTW. Thor also does better on it.
[notify]

Barked: Sat May 11, '13 6:51am PST 
I've had good results with Canine Caviar's Wild Ocean Grain-Free ALS dinner. Their ALS line allows you to rotate proteins for different amino-acid profiles without the usual gastrointestinal upset dogs suffer from when switching foods. It works.
[notify]
Charlie

Turd Burglar

Barked: Sun May 12, '13 3:28pm PST 
I personally prefer Acana's grain free lines as well as Nature's Variety.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5