GO!

Best Grain-Free Dog Foods - other than Blue Buffalo Wilderness

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Bella &- Cougar

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 4:57pm PST 
What do any of you feel are some of the best grain-free dry dog foods on the market? I currently feed Blue Buffalo Wilderness, but one of my dogs isn't doing so great with it. He's mostly just VERY gassy. So, I wanted to get opinions on some other options!
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 5:20pm PST 
I personally like Merrick's Before Grain line.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 5:50pm PST 
Acana, Orijen, Fromm has a few... Taste of the Wild if you're willing to look past the recalls... Wellness has its CORE line, Innova has Prime and Evo. Avoderm has a new GF line called Revolving Menu which I've tried and the dogs did ok on. Earthborn Holistic has several, as does Nature's Variety.

There are many.
[notify]

Rusty

Champion PPH

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 7:33pm PST 
Merrick Before grain is good, but you will have to feed smaller portions due to the high protein level. I've heard that Orijen is too high level protein for smaller dogs.

I've done TOTW on both dogs-grain, corn, & rosemary free-moderate prtotein level, and the caloric intake is better than diet dog food.
[notify]
Lucy Belle

The Pogo Stick

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 7:57pm PST 
I started feeding my dogs Infinia a few weeks ago. After the Diamond recall, we were afraid to feed TOTW anymore. I tried a couple grain inclusive foods, but really wanted to go grain free again. I actually read about Infinia on here and found it sold really close to me. All of my dogs are doing really well on it. Some of the retailers offer their loyalty program, which is the best I have found: buy 8, get 1 free. I buy it at Gordon's and the Turkey and Sweet Potato was $51 with tax for a 30 pound bag.

Edited by author Sun Jul 1, '12 7:58pm PST

[notify]
Bella &- Cougar

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 9:00pm PST 
Has anyone heard of or know anything about Brother's? I actually would prefer to feed raw, but it's so difficult to prepare bc I'm frequently gone. I ordered a small bag of the Brother's to try, but it's SUPER expensive... $23 for a 5 lb bag!
[notify]
Sage

Wiggle waggle

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 12:09am PST 
I love Victors. Most of their products are all natural grain free formulas. The only down side is it is a smaller Texas based company and not all states sell it.
[notify]
Mulder

Spooky Mulder

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 9:09am PST 
Bella,

Brother's has a strong presence on the website dogfoodadvisor.com, as I believe one of the owners/manufacturers is a regularly contributing member. Might want to go there and see what they have to say about it. For the most part people seem to like it.
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 7:01pm PST 
I switched to Earthborn. The dogs are doing really well on it. And I get a bunch of coupons from the in store rep big grin
[notify]
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 9:26pm PST 
Natural Choice is a more recent entry into the grain free foods...you can find turkey, lamb, vennison, and fish formulas. Very recently they've added small breed formulas to the line.

Here's the dog food advisor rating on the Natural Choice Turkey/Potato:
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/nutro -natural-choice-grain-free/

You can research the ingredients (and check out coupon offerings) here:
http://www.nutro.com/natural-dog-food/natural-choice-dog-food .aspx

Based on comments Cindy got from customers with whom she talked, the vennison/potato seemed to be particularly palatable, and the dog parents who tried the NC grain free for their dogs were very happy with the results.

Me n' Barney got to taste test the turkey and potato, and the vennison and potato, and just us two doggies liked the vennison a bit better. We didn't stay on it, we just got to sample/taste test it when it first came out.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5