GO!

Nutro Natural Choice Grain Free Limited Ingredient Diet Venison Meal & Potato Adult Dry Dog Food

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Fri May 18, '12 11:43pm PST 
Dozens and dozens of different dog food labels were affected by the tainted melamine in 2007...that doesn't make the episode any less tragic, but one of the lessons learned from that was that Nutro moved away from having food or even treats produced at facilities that they did not directly control. They made, I think, a genuine effort to improve the process. That won't bring back the pets lost in 2007...but it shows an attempt to keep something similar from happening again.

With regard to the Grain Free formulas, my Cindy who works part time for Nutro has had really good reports from folks who tried it for their doggies who need grain free as far as the dogs liking it (vennison seems really popular too, it's gone from the shelves a lot). The grain free formulas were among some of the first Natural Choice foods that discontinued using meniadone.
[notify]
puppies for sale

http://www.puppy- dogpost.com/

Barked: Thu May 31, '12 2:34am PST 
Beautiful post.........doghamster dance
[notify]
Deja

Barked: Sat Mar 16, '13 6:54pm PST 
Absolutely right. I found out that Nutro is the only pet food manufacturer that is certified by an outside organization as far as safe manufacturing goes. None of the other companies out there passed!
[notify]

(Indie) CH- Herdabout- Tri N 4 I

HURRY UP!

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 9:40am PST 
I like the Nutro! I have been feeding the small breed brand for several months now and both my dogs love it!
PLUS...my one dog who has sterile struvite and had to be on Medical Urinary S/O for a long period, plus have cranberry supplements daily can now eat Nutro and be perfectly fine!

I have been looking in to the grain free formula as my other dog keeps having gastroenteritis and recently was hospitalized for 2 days...so I want to find a diet that will hopefully be good for him and not be the Medical Gastro Low fat LOL

smile

I like the food!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2