GO!

Nutrisca

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 3:55pm PST 
Yeah. Ok Guest. Whatever you say. If its that bad why hasn't there been a recall? Why didn't you contact them and tell them, they would have been more than happy to pay for the bills if it /really/ caused it. Mmmmhm, just what I thought.

Your dog probably got in the trash and ate something or has other digestive issues / parasites and it coincidentally decided to happen around the same time.

You spent $400 at the vets, for what? What would cost $400 and not tell you exactly what happened? And you just treated it with canned food?
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 6:24pm PST 
Great posts here, I'm new here and learning a lot... glad to be a member smile
[notify]
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 10:51pm PST 
Yeah, I would be very surprised if this food is to blame for the trouble. Even though Dogswell does source it's jerky treats from China, all of the ingredients that go into their kibble and cans come from the US. It's highly reccommended, low glycemic index, one of the few brands out there that have no potatoes as well as no grains.
[notify]

Firefly

Life is better- with Sheltie- love.

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 6:43am PST 
LOLOLOLOLOL.

I agree with Nare. Stop trolling around. You ruin the helpful, friendly atmosphere of the forums. Sorry to be hateful, but seriously. I need Troll-away-Spray!

meditate
[notify]
joey

I'm working on- three toys!

Barked: Thu Jun 20, '13 8:00am PST 
I've been feeding the salmon Nutrisca kibble and feel it is a good food. Joey likes the taste, but then that's not saying much, as he likes everything!

I tend to not worry about wide availability in the stores, as I don't hesitate to order food online.
[notify]
River

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 11:32pm PST 
Actually I'm not so sure that the Guest poster is a "troll" as I have had bad experience similar to theirs. My Papillon River was on Iams at the time (I know a bad food. Never feeding it again.) and she had the same bloody stool. She had a seizure, low blood sugar and was not responsive. River was rushed to the vet. The Good Lord healed my baby. River is now a happy girl. smile Long story short please don't assume someone is just "trolling" around the forums. Their dog could have very well gotten sick from this food. I have no experience with this kibble.
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sat Jun 22, '13 12:26am PST 
River, I'm sorry about your bad experience, and while I agree that Iams is not a very good food.. It is hardly the food's fault. River probably had (has) an underlying health problem that an ingredient within the food triggered or the switching of the food caused a lot of stress on her GI tract which caused more symptoms to appear. While it is also hardly fair to blame the dog and its sensitivities / genetics, that is what it usually breaks down to. I hate to admit it but there are many, many healthy good looking dogs on Iams that if I hadn't known, I would've guessed that they ate raw.

It just simply isn't logical to blame the food. But it happens because thats the only connection we can make (or its easier to blame a food than to blame ourselves for not noticing the problem sooner).
[notify]
Firefly

Life is better- with Sheltie- love.

Barked: Sat Jun 22, '13 12:28pm PST 
I think Guest, irregardless of any others having personal trouble, is still a troll. Especially considering this is another resurrected zombie thread from 2011. I've seen a lot of these threads pop up with a heated, controversial Guest poster who goes unnamed.

I would take them more seriously if they made their own current thread to have a discussion, not lurk back beyond '13 and try to stir up mischief.
shrug
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2