GO!

Frosty Paws doggie Ice cream

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Maggie (I'm- Moms Angel- Now)

Punish the DEED- NOT The Breed!!!

Barked: Sat Jul 3, '10 9:35pm PST 
Tonight we bought Maggie some of the frosty paws ice cream for dogs. She loved them and I was wondering if any one else has ever give them to their pups especially after the dog has done very well in any behavior. Maggie got hers for being so calm during the fireworks tonight and handling the crowds so well. The sound of the fireworks didnt even cause a reaction.
[notify]
Hazel

Noise Police

Barked: Sun Jul 4, '10 9:18am PST 
I make my own version, which is cheaper and healthier. I mix low fat yogurt with whatever yummies I have on hand - unsweetened, applesauce, canned pumpkin, peanut butter, honey, a smidge of jam, ... lots of possibilities. Then you can scoop it into an old small yogurt container and freeze; run hot water around the outside when you're ready to remove it and it comes out easily. You could also just freeze it in a Kong instead.
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sun Jul 4, '10 9:38am PST 
Turner gets frosty paws on special occasions..... He loves them, but they give him the farts....
shrug whatcha gonna do?

Hazel, these sound good, we're gonna write them down and try to make some for Turner....way to go
[notify]

Quincy- FM TFE-II- TDIAOV CGC

I have just met- you and I LOVE- you!

Barked: Sun Jul 4, '10 10:10am PST 
Ugh. Just looked up the ingredent list. That's just so unneeded for a treat. Definitely go with making your own with some plain yogurt and any number of healthy flavorings. Here's the ingredient list for the "original":
WATER, DRIED WHEY, SOY FLOUR, VEGETABLE FAT, DRIED WHEY PRODUCT, WHEY PROTEIN, SOY LECITHIN, POLYSORBATE 60, CALCIUM CARBONATE, CHOLINE CHLORIDE, FERROUS SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE, MANGANESE SULFATE, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, MAGNESIUM OXIDE, SILICON DIOXIDE, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES,
VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENT, CELLULOSE GUM, NIACIN SUPPLEMENT, COPPER SULFATE, POLYSORBATE 80, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE,
RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT, POTASSIUM IODIDE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT, FOLIC ACID.

I make my own as well. I usually freeze them into a muffin tin, then pop them out and put them into a ziplock bag, and freeze until I need them. They are big hits on hot days smile

Edited by author Sun Jul 4, '10 10:13am PST

[notify]

Barked: Sun Jul 4, '10 10:18am PST 
Oh, forgot to add that if you aren't into the DIY thing but want a healthy alternative to Frosty Paws, Nature's Variety (makers of Instinct and Prairie) recently released their own frozen treat called Sweet Spots. They come in Sweet Potato and Molasses and Peanut Butter and Honey. Ingredients:

Buttermilk, Sweet Potatoes, Molasses, Whey Protein, Egg Yolks, Fruit Pectin, Live Yogurt Cultures (Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus).

Buttermilk, Peanut Butter, Molasses, Whey Protein, Honey, Egg Yolks, Fruit Pectin, Live Yogurt Cultures (Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus).
[notify]
George

Mommy's Little- Velcro Dog

Barked: Mon Jul 5, '10 4:43am PST 
I used to make Homemade frost paws all the time for my furkids, just haven't lately as I've been too 'lazy' BOL. Here's the recipe I used:
Ingredients:
32 oz. vanilla yogurt
1 mashed banana or large jar of banana baby food
2 T. peanut butter
2 T. honey

Directions:
Blend all together and freeze in either 3 ounce paper cups or ice cube trays. Microwave just a few seconds before serving.

Have even made a 'tuna' version for my kitties. I usually would freeze them in Icecube containers or 'mini' icecube containers for my little ones. Maybe I should make this again, I know my doggies love it, but I really didnt' like the ingredients in the stuff sold at stores.
[notify]

Barked: Mon Jul 5, '10 10:23am PST 
Oh, there's also Yoghund frozen yogurt for dogs, another healthy alternative. They have two flavors, both are organic: banana and peanut butter and blueberry and vanilla. Just another option if you aren't a DIY-er. Just know you'll pay a lot more for something you could do yourself smile http://www.yoghund.com/

ORGANIC NONFAT YOGURT, WATER, ORGANIC BANANA PUREE, ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER, ORGANIC INULIN, ORGANIC GUAR GUM AND ORGANIC GUM ARABIC

ORGANIC NONFAT YOGURT, WATER, ORGANIC BLUBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE, ORGANIC VANILLA EXTRACT, ORGANIC INULIN, ORGANIC GUAR GUM AND ORGANIC GUM ARABIC
[notify]
Torie

If you can roll- in the dirt, do- it!

Barked: Mon Jul 5, '10 12:55pm PST 
I made my own to distract her over the fourth. However, she wouldn't eat it at the time. I left out the honey, which didn't seem to bother her any when she licked the bowl.

--des
[notify]
Dingo

Leader of the- Dog Gestapo

Barked: Mon Jul 5, '10 2:12pm PST 
I also make my own cold treats for my pups. The picture of Dingo is him enjoying one! The recipe I use is very simple: water, PB, banana and honey. Mix PB, banana and honey together. Add as much water as needed to make mixture easily pourable (usually as much water as all ingredients combined). Put into containers (I use plastic cups and reuse them, or put it into a Kong) and freeze overnight.
[notify]
Dolly

I'm spoiled but- not rotten!

Barked: Mon Jul 5, '10 2:45pm PST 
I make my own for the dogs, too. I have even frozen vanilla yogurt and they loved it and its a lot healthier than frosty paws! way to go
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2