GO!

Blue Buffalo vs. Nutro Ultra

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5  
Sallie Mae

Sallie Mae

Barked: Sun Jun 20, '10 4:23am PST 
way to goway to goBlue Buffalo.
[notify]
Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Sun Jun 20, '10 7:36am PST 
I think it is probably regular Blue Buffalo that is being compared to Nutro in those references. Blue Wilderness is a whole world away from Nutro and cannot be compared in any reasonable fashion. Admittedly regular Blue is a bit grain heavy, but the Wilderness formula is grain free and is a great food IMO. Nutro is crap by comparison, and the menadione is enough to make me stay far far away regardless of how it is rated by any website.
[notify]
Jan &- Alexandria

Two White Bears

Barked: Sun Jun 20, '10 1:29pm PST 
Both Blue Buffalo and Nutro Ultra are good foods. So, compare them.

Nutro Ultra PROS: Fish and fourth ingredient are meat

Nutro Ultra CONS: Minimum meat, low quality fillers, and unidentified fat.

That would make Nutro Ultra a -2.

Blue Buffalo PROS: Two first ingredients are meat, good quality grains

Blue Buffalo CONS: Minimum meat

That would make Blue Buffalo a 1. Therefore Blue Buffalo is better.

Personally, I prefer Artemis, Blue Wilderness, Go Natural, Innova EVO, Nature's Variety Instinct, Orijen, Taste of the Wild, and Wellness CORE.
[notify]

Juniper CGC

SQUIRRELLLL?- Where??

Barked: Sun Jun 20, '10 4:39pm PST 
I believe the OP was saying that the choice was between Nutro and BLUE WILDERNESS (correct me if I am wrong) so keep that in mind.
[notify]
Delaney

Delaney Girl

Barked: Mon Jun 21, '10 4:05pm PST 
Blue doesn't even make their own food, and for all those saying that BB has never had a recall, they have. The company that makes their cans for them added rice gluten without their permission and all those cans were recalled. BB cat cans were recalled when the 2007 Menu foods recall happened as well.

From The Whole Dog Journal:
NOTE For 2010: Blue Buffalo is back on the list after agreeing to list who and where the food is made.
Blue Buffalo Company ~ Wilton, CT (corporate headquarters)
• Blue Life Protection Formulas (3 puppy varieties, 5 adult, 1 weight control, 1 senior)
• Blue Longevity (puppy, adult, mature)
• Blue Wilderness (2 varieties)
• Blue Organics
NOTE: All foods made by: Chenago Valley Pet Foods, CJ Foods, Dad's Pet Care, Triple T Foods.
COMMENT: Company plans to launch a "limited ingredient" line in February.

SORRY but DAD'S PET CARE?? Come on!
[notify]
DIESEL

Life is like a- bowl of Frosty- Paws!

Barked: Thu Jun 24, '10 8:13pm PST 
Dog food analysis is a great site to help you choose foods.wink Dog food analysis

Edited by author Thu Jun 24, '10 8:16pm PST

[notify]
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Fri Jun 25, '10 1:09pm PST 
I concur with Diesel - dogfoodanalysis.com seems to be fairly objective and their information is reasonably current. A lot of other dogfood comparison sites are "run" by a dog food producer or their information isn't updated often enough.
[notify]
DIESEL

Life is like a- bowl of Frosty- Paws!

Barked: Tue Jul 13, '10 8:45pm PST 
Also Blue Buffalo is one of the whole dog journal's dog food picks.Nutro is not. Whole dog journal recommended dry food list
[notify]
Zoie

45 Mile Per Hour- Couch Potato

Barked: Wed Jul 14, '10 12:15am PST 
Diesel, Whole Dog Journal did recommend Nutro Ultra as a good dry dog food. It was left out of the main Feb. 2010 issue but there was a picture of Ultra on the article page. Many consumers wrote to them wondering why there was a picture of Nutro Ultra but it was not included on the list of top dry dog foods. WDJ put placed the informaton in their March, 2010 issue. Information is below. Nutro Ultra is a good food.

I am not sure if you are able to get to the actual website as you may have to be a member but here it is and I am also copying the article to this thread.
http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/13_3/letters/Dry-Do g-Food-Review-Correction_16208-1.html

Whole Dog Journal's Dry Dog Food Review Update
We meant to include Nutro’s Ultra Holistic dry food on list of “approved foods”

Several of our eagle-eyed readers caught an error in dry dog food review in our February issue:

“In the February 2010 issue, the picture of the approved dog foods includes Nutro Ultra but it is not listed in the article. Why the discrepancy?”

“I see that Nutro Ultra is included in the photo on page 3; its caption says ‘these are just a few examples of premium quality foods.’ However, it’s not included on the ‘approved foods’ list. Can you clarify?”

“I noticed that the Nutro Ultra Holistic food is in your picture, but I couldn’t find it in the actual list of approved foods. Is it one of the approved foods?”

Nutro Ultra Holistic Select should have been on our list of “approved dry foods” and was omitted by accident. In the process of every review, we seem to lose track of someone! We apologize for the error.

Editor
[notify]
Ellie CGC

Born to be Wild

Barked: Wed Jul 14, '10 1:11am PST 
Thanks Zoie.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 5: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  5