GO!

Does your dog like water on their kibble?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4  

Other posts by this user

Barked: Tue Mar 9, '10 9:46pm PST 
Silas will only eat a few pieces of kibble unless I put warm water on it first. You can't leave it out for long because bacteria starts to grow fast. I think it is my fault for getting Silas hooked on water in his food, as I started doing it when he was just a puppy. There are a lot of brands that recomend feeding dogs this way. I feed Royal Canin and that is how they recomend feeding it. But, if you do feed your dog water with their kibble, be prepared to do it for the rest of their life.
[notify]
Drover- Deputy Of- Security

Mr. Pudge

Barked: Wed Mar 10, '10 5:29am PST 
my doggies love water on their kibble!
[notify]
♥Ange- l Sasha- ♥

SMILE!!

Barked: Wed Mar 10, '10 9:24am PST 
Sasha would eat it either way, but I add water way to go
[notify]

Pandora

Highly Energetic- Princess

Barked: Wed Mar 10, '10 1:48pm PST 
Pandora started not wanting to eat dry kibble at all. I tried changing her food and everything. she would eat her hard treats and everything else, so I knew that she was okay. I mixed watered down dry kibble with a little bit of canned food and she ate it all. Guess this is how she wants her food. (I had called the vet and they said if there were any behavioral changes to bring her in, but she is still her hyper self) blue dog
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Wed Mar 10, '10 3:35pm PST 
Thanks everyone. Seems like most dogs either prefer it wet or don't care. Bruno must be an oddball. laugh out loud

At least he drinks plenty of water separately. His pee is barely yellow at all, and there's plenty of it... I just took him for his first vet exam (on my watch, at least) and it scared him so bad he went all over the floor! Poor guy. It was the sight of the needle that did it.
[notify]
Jack

bunnies - YAY!!!

Barked: Wed Mar 10, '10 6:14pm PST 
mine are all fine with dry kibble. but one of the dogs that i train has to have water on hers anyway. for some reason she refuses to drink water (there is always water available). the first 3 days we had her she didn't drink anything until we floated her food. because of not drinking she got a UTI. the only water she gets is with the food that she eats (she still gets about 7 cups/day).

even still, she prefers the food dry (i think that she doesn't like having to 'snorkel' to get her food)
[notify]
Carson

Shy guy.

Barked: Wed Mar 10, '10 6:16pm PST 
Carson and Bailey will eat their kibble any way I serve it . In the winter when it is really cold I pour hot water on the food . They devour it.
[notify]
Daegan

Roll down the- window!

Barked: Wed Mar 10, '10 8:45pm PST 
Daegan usually won't eat his kibble unless it's wet. Sometimes, he'll knock the bowl upside down to get the really soft kibble at the bottom. I'm not really sure how the water makes the kibble taste any different, but maybe it does? Maybe he prefers softer textures? Either way, I don't mind, as long as he eats it!
[notify]
The Hounds- of- Bassetville- +3

Food? Where?!?

Barked: Thu Mar 11, '10 10:47am PST 
The only way I could get the bassets to eat kibble was by mixing in meat or cheese... now that they eat raw we don't have to battle that... turns out meal time is actually EASIER now that we do raw. It would sometimes take 2 or 3 tries to get them to eat their kibble... and no, tough love did not work.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 12:09am PST 
Not sure if anyone's still reading this thread but for what it's worth here's my recent experience. I have 2 x 14 week puppies - 1 Golden Retriever, 1 Black Labrador. They have both been on water-soaked puppy kibble since weaning however for the last fortnight or so, have become less interested in their food, although still finishing it if encouraged. We gave them dry kibble yesterday and they gobbled it up no problem. So it seems in our case (2 different breeds) they liked soft kibble until they were 3-4 months old but now much prefer crunching it. Hope this might help someone else!
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 4: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  4