GO!

Thoughts on Merrick kibble?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '10 12:00am PST 
Hi- we forgot to add Campfire Trout Feast to our list of fishy foods with grain in them that we might try in our rotation. NV Praire Salmon, BB Fish and Fromm Salmon are all candidates- then, I remembered Merrick Campfire Trout Feast.

Anyone love Merrick's kibble?

Thoughts?
[notify]
Allee Oop!!!

I love my Mommy

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '10 3:59am PST 
I am pretty sure that Sedona told me once that she doesn't like the company bc of some of their lower quality formulas that they use road kill in them..might want to ask her.
[notify]
Stella Agnes- CGC/TDI

CGC, Therapy- Dog. My velcro- girl!

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '10 6:25am PST 
Well, I like the Merrick company. I used to use Merrick all the time. Still use their can food. I used their Grammy's Pot Pie and Turducken and Senior dry food. My dogs did well and liked it. I haven't used it since they changed the food and added the "elements" (vits., vegs., antioxidants, etc.). But I will in the future because I have a coupon for a free 15lb. bag lol. Anyway, I've never had any problem with Merrick. Now I know recently they had a recall on some of their meat treats, but the dry and can food should be fine. The company has always answered any of my questions and has been good to communicate with.
[notify]

Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '10 7:22am PST 
I looked up the ingredients on grandma's pot pie. (silly name meant to entice an owner) They look fine. It isn't a grain free but nothing nasty in the mix.
[notify]
Addie CL1- CL2 CL3 NAJ

if it moves,- I'll chase it!

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '10 7:26am PST 
I've not heard anything bad about them, they seem to have a good variety of foods and don't have any fillers / bad stuff. The only thing is the canned food doesnt stay well in a kong BOL.. but addie loves it.

Its certainly a decent food, and a step above ( more likely a few steps above) the foods like iams, science diet, eukanuba etc. I'd feel comfortable feeding it.
[notify]
Geisha

Minion of- Destruction!!

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '10 7:35am PST 
There's a big bag of Merrick Wilderness waiting to be opened at our house. Haven't tried the Merrick Trout. The food is grainy but overall it's a big hit here. We use it as part of rotation. Wellness Core, Innova Red Meat, Go! Chicken Fruit & Veg. and surprise. The rotation philosophy is "whatever looks good we'll give it a try"....dancing

Edited by author Sun Feb 28, '10 7:36am PST

[notify]
Boston

King of- everything

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '10 9:25am PST 
Boston loooooves merrick kibble and canned. I only ever have fed the cowboy cookout kibble. Its the only kibble start to finish Boston ate like he was starved and licked his bowl clean with no canned additives I might add. He did really well on it both him and Daisy did. It did however change their stool color to a very light brown almost caramel type color. Other then that stool was normal. A little grain heavy which whenever I am in the area of the store that sells it (an hour away) I will buy a bag. But because theres enough grains I dont want to regularly feed it as it will eventually upset Daisy. So once in a blue moon is good only because Boston loves the stuff so much.
[notify]
Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '10 10:43am PST 
I personally wouldnt feed it because its way too grainy and overpriced, but to each their own.
[notify]
Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '10 11:00am PST 
laugh out loud I have to laugh because I caught Jasper sneaking Cherrios from my daughter's bowl this morning- he LOVES grains! I think he likes them more than meat.

We have had no vomit or hacking since switching to grain inclusive- so I don't think we are going back to grain free- it just didn't agree with Jasper.

Merrick does seem a little pricey, but the feed store carries it...will have to check on the Fromm availability. NV is sold at one place near me and they are a total rip off.

Hmm, we will have to think about it...thanks!
[notify]
Chocolate

Benjamin Button- of dogs

Barked: Sun Feb 28, '10 11:02am PST 
pretty good. a tad grain heavy
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3