GO!

Anyone heard of Gnawlers?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Abbey

Barked: Tue Jun 3, '08 7:01am PST 
These are bones, not rawhide, about 8" and come in cheese and bacon flavors. My dogs LOVE them and they last forever. My teething bullmstiff puppy can get through them in about a week!! The packaging says they are 100% digestible and natural. I buy them at my local petstore which sells really great foods you can't find at Petsmart. I totally trust them. I just wanted to try and get some reviews on these bones, but can't understand any of the languages online. I can only find them on websites from foreign countries...mostly European. Anyone had these before or know anything about them?
[notify]
Angel Maddy

Forever Loved.- 12/20/00-02/05/1- 2

Barked: Tue Jun 3, '08 1:04pm PST 
Is that the correct spelling? If so, you weren't kidding about reviews being hard to find! All foreign sites came up.

Was there a manufacturer name on the packaging? Distributer? Website of any kind? If not, you could call the store and ask. Any of that info should get us to some online info/reviews. Now I'm curious!
[notify]
Shadow NPC,- MDM

Ban the Deed - Not the Breed

Barked: Tue Jun 3, '08 5:15pm PST 
Me too! We are always looking for stuff to chew on! Mom doesn't want to buy us rawhides anymore cause they are made in Chinashock
[notify]

Abbey

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '08 6:22am PST 
Well, good news and bad news. Good first - that is the correct spelling and the bones last FOREVER! Bad news - I'm pretty sure they are made in China!eek That's why I wanted to read some write ups on them. I guess I should quit giving them to the dogs until I can find out more info. But the store I get them from I a very reputable store, so I thought that was a good sign. But I guess you never know. On some of the websites, you can read the packaging on the photos. But that didn't really help me...still couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm just a crappie internet searcher! Anyone who has any more insight would be a big help!
[notify]
Madison Marjorie

Serenity Now

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '08 6:43am PST 
I also found that they are made in China. While I did find that they say they are 100% digestable the ingredients are too great, and there are other natural options that I would prefer. The biggest turn off though is China.
[notify]
Abby NPC ~- CGC, TDI

Ban Breed- Specific- Legislation

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '08 7:18am PST 
I've HEARD that just because they are made in China doesn't mean that they are bad. It depends on the company distributing them and how strict their standards are.

So far I just plain don't believe the companies that tell me that they inspect the plants...etc, etc - So I'll do some reasearch too, but for now I'll stick with the chews I can find that are made in the USA. I'll let you know if I find anything differentway to go
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '08 7:34am PST 
They are definitely made in China and I found the ingredients on line "natural vegetable starches, rawhide granules, soya lechitin, potassium sorbate and assorted flavors. 100 % digestible. "

Poison is 100% digestible too! I would definitely not feed them. There is no way of knowing what else is in them.
[notify]
Abbey

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '08 7:50am PST 
Boo! Some things are just too good to be true! Well, I guess it's a good thing because they leave a lot a yucky stuff on the carpet! big laugh

Any advice on chews that last a long time? They like bully sticks, but they don't last really long...and they STINK
[notify]
Madison Marjorie

Serenity Now

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '08 8:02am PST 
Braided bullysticks can last longer. Their are several brands that don't stink. They souldn't stink so the smell is over bearing.
[notify]
Abby NPC ~- CGC, TDI

Ban Breed- Specific- Legislation

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '08 8:27am PST 
Still trying to find a long lasting chewfrown Mom can find rawhides that are made in the USA at a store here so she does buy those on occassion for us.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3