GO!

Dog eats human poop

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Clyde

Rescues before- breeders

Barked: Wed Dec 13, '06 2:33pm PST 
My dog ate some human poop. Will he get sick from it? This is the first time he has done anything like this. What should I do?
[notify]
Gio

CD RE (CKC)- RXMCL (CARO) FM- CGN SJATD

Barked: Wed Dec 13, '06 2:39pm PST 
Flush the toilet next time? Sorry, I just can't get past thinking about HOW he would have got ahold of human fecal matter. As for getting sick, probably not. But I wouldn't advise letting him consume it again.
[notify]
Pugsley

I Might Be Small- But I Have It- All!

Barked: Wed Dec 13, '06 2:44pm PST 
I was wondering how it happened too Gio BOL!
[notify]

Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Wed Dec 13, '06 2:48pm PST 
I'm guessing a used diaper?

I hope your pup is ok.
[notify]
Ruby

There is nothing- like a basset- smooch!

Barked: Wed Dec 13, '06 2:52pm PST 
Ruby got a hold of a used diaper once and ate it's contents and was fine. We weren't overly concerned as it was a 2 month old breast-fed baby and you can't get any cleaner poop than that!

... if you're going to eat poop that is!
[notify]
Mingus, CGC,- R3GL

www.phetched.com

Barked: Wed Dec 13, '06 3:03pm PST 
I'm sure he'll be OK! Ming's eaten a wide variety of animal poop... and a tasted an assortment of dead animals as well... and has always been OK. I'd maybe brush his teeth before accepting any kisses, tho... :oD
[notify]
Darby - C.G.C.

The Anti-Lassie

Barked: Wed Dec 13, '06 5:32pm PST 
(Sigh). I understand perfectly, Clyde's mom. Darby is allowed to run off leash at our local park. Sadly, at times our local park is also a haven for homeless people...need I say more?

Darby suffered no ill effects at all from his unfortunate bout of "pica". I, however, did have to work through some issues before I was able to look at my darling Collie in the same light.

I'm sure Clyde will be fine. Give him a Altoid. In fact, give him several - and remind yourself that he is a dog.
[notify]
♥- Dezi- ♥- PAWS

I luf you all!!

Barked: Wed Dec 13, '06 6:55pm PST 
im sure that your pup/ dog will be ok. i mean, it can't be THAT much different than their own poop can it? bol... except for the food that goes in... anyways, i wouldn't worry about it too much, but if your dog starts to act weird maybe just call your vet and ask if that could be the cause of the weirdness... bol big grin hope everything goes good! and HAPPY HOLIDAYS
[notify]
Buddy "Sweet- Angel"

Please- Opt to- Adopt

Barked: Thu Dec 14, '06 4:27am PST 
My Mom is hysterical!!! (flush the toilet... altoids...) ROTFBOL!

Ya'll aint right! *shaking head*

I am very sorry for my mothers behavior. Bud

Edited by author Thu Dec 14, '06 8:31am PST

[notify]
Sammi

Dog is my- co-pilot

Barked: Thu Dec 14, '06 9:34pm PST 
if it's yellow it's mellow

if it's brown flush it down
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2